Who else is sick of food prices being manipulated?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Sep 29, 2010.

1. I look out for #1. If I want to buy a billion dollars worth of grain, and subsequently profit from that, then good for me.

If you want to make money, listen to your head not your heart.

#21     Sep 30, 2010
  2. Thank you Martin. This is exactly what I'm getting at.

#22     Sep 30, 2010
  3. 100% correct. Take out speculators = take out liquidity. Take out liquidity = one hell of a market...

#23     Sep 30, 2010
  4. Stop embarrassing yourself. If you understood the economics of deflation, you'd understand why it's imperative for the USA to avoid.

Just because you can't afford bread anymore at the corner store, doesn't mean price manipulation is happening.

You are aware of the grain export ban in Russia, correct? Think that has anything to do with rising prices? Douchebag.

#24     Sep 30, 2010
  5. Kassz007,

While my views on the subject remain the same, I want to apologize for the foul language of my previous post. I get a bit "ruffled" on some subjects.

#25     Sep 30, 2010
  6. #26     Sep 30, 2010
  7. Apology accepted, no hard feelings.

#27     Sep 30, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Oil is being manipulated on a daily basis, look at where it trades right now, nearing $80 a barrel, its worth no more than $25-$30 bucks a barrel at most. Its also the fucking futures traders who are fucking up the commodity prices making the price of food soar over the last decade.

#28     Sep 30, 2010
  9. I don't really agree with your statement here. The fact is $25-$30 is really nothing any more, considering the expense and *risk* in getting oil out. The huge investments required to even enter the field, etc, etc. Look at PBR for example.

Face it, there are now many, many more millionaires than a decade ago since money is just being printed like never before. Look at the millions of cars sold in China & their need for fuel. Same goes for many other countries, some of which have huge populations like India & Indonesia. Ever been to Jakarta?
    It's no longer a US-centric market. But the # of people now competing for every barrel of oil is *huge*. And Bernanke's printing press ain't helping.

#29     Sep 30, 2010
  10. And how did you come up with that valuation? Let me guess, gold is also 3x overpriced..

#30     Sep 30, 2010