who else is buying here thinking we get pop toward the close?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by amar435, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Aww hell... now why did you have to go and tell me you took off your TWM when I'm still sitting pretty on mine?

Wondered where you were...

#21     Jan 15, 2008
  2. this has been a nice move, now the question is do we hold for a possible gap up tomorrow or just take the money and run? im inclined to book half and hold half.

#22     Jan 15, 2008
  3. Well put Bigpipn. Couldn't of said it better. Never try to be hero.

#23     Jan 15, 2008
  4. I took off the hedges because for some reason there was strength in the small caps today relative to the large caps....I'm not saying it's the right move, but most of the time when the SPY is down over 2% the IWM is down 3%...Not the case today and that had me worried about being short the small caps(Was my largest position) with the coming catalyst over the next few weeks....

Options Expiration this week and too many speculators holding puts that they should of closed out today....IMO

I think we do get a snap back rally coming soon.....Not a bull market, but a snap back.....

#24     Jan 15, 2008
  5. I pussied out going long at the bell. Probably gap up tomorrow...we'll see the manipulated number by INTC soon.

#25     Jan 15, 2008
  6. Tums

Tums

LOL

#26     Jan 15, 2008
  7. You said it. Looks somewhat like RIMM Dec 20. Stock was disparaged by some pundit, got cleaned out real good, then gapped huge on the actual earnings.

I bought at 3:57 . Here's hoping the news is good or at least not as bad as the price is anticipating..

#27     Jan 15, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

i told myself friday not to trade til after intc earnings.I kept my word and am proud of myself for resisting the temptation of trading-short or long...

fyi intc getting hit after hours...tomorrow not good

#28     Jan 15, 2008
  9. oh.

#29     Jan 15, 2008
  10. OMG, just shit the bed.

#30     Jan 15, 2008