Who dropped the hammer at 8 AM PST 1/25 on ES?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Bad_Badness, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Pretty larger orders (algo) went off. Anyone know who it was and why?

To me it seems like a logical place to take long term profits and that is all it was.

2. destriero

destriero

This dude went short at 7:13.

2021-01-25_13-40-43.png

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I was long UVXY 250shares excited to start scaling but it pivoted. High volatility move, thought it was headline reaction. VIX spike = frothy market

Futs traders, there's likely a good aftermarket/premkt earnings release trade setup/arb opp this week?

spy25jan.jpg

still closed > over pdh

uvxy25jan.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    TrailerParkTed likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Odd isn't it, major selling everywhere, looked like the BEAR is back and hungry and suddenly a switch in direction.

UK and DAX sold off like crazy before US Open aswell.

Open -1 hour hit by a nuke, no scheduled news or news at that time I can see, China shacky recovery but shouldn't be that major, if not even a good thing for the US??

Bad_Badness likes this.
  5. guru

guru

This was the news at the time:
    “Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Monday that he’s aiming to pass a new federal coronavirus relief bill “in the next month, month and a half,” Bloombergfirst reported, meaning that it could be mid-March or longer before Americans see any more relief from Congress. ”

6. I was thinking false negative news - hence the initial sharp selloff then reversal.

KCalhoun likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Yeah that's what I thought when it did a full vs mean reversion reversal... thx re Schumer cv headline... I was like wtf caused this big drop

8. Does it matter? All I know is that today's drop filled an open gap below.

9. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

It's these necessary periodic surprises that blow out stupid simple strategies.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Perfect example of one of those patterns that happens over and over and over again. Drop into the midmorning, with a rise into the close. Today's was healthy and hearty. 50 points on ES, 250ish points on NQ? Fantastic!

#10     Jan 25, 2021
    TrailerParkTed, Big AAPL and KCalhoun like this.