Who does make a "good" POTUS, anyways?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Overnight, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I mean, the person has to appease everyone to be popular enough to get the votes. Don't they also have to make sense in their decisions?

I am hoping we get a folk in there who shares my idea of balance, which are simple at the surface.

I totally believe in the right to bear arms for self-defense, (but bring back the mental-health background checks! Ug, Trump, you dumbass, why did you repeal it!), the ability of the woman to have the choice, to choose...

The requirement for anyone who gets naturalized to pay taxes and be a morally good person, and speak English.

I disagree with all the spending of defense as being the best offense. I disagree with the stalling of the 9/11 payment bill taking so fucking long to pass (Thank God it did.)

Yet I do not believe in God. I simply believe in what makes you comfortable and solaced. Be it a slinky, a winky or a deity. Your happiness is embedded in the damned Declaration of Independence. Shouldn't freedom from bullshit and the ability to experience joy be championed, as per the document that separated us from King George III? But whatever religion you believe in, you are free to follow it in any way you see fit to achieve your own happiness, SO LONG AS IT DOES NOT INVOLVE PEOPLE WHO WANT NO PART OF IT, AND DOES NOT HURT ANYONE. No means, "NO".

I think it is high time the FCC stopped with the censorship of cursing on public airwaves. Enough already. FCC masters, your kids are cursing and fucking and doing drugs behind you back. They will not be affected by hearing the 7 dirty words on the television. And by the way, you assholes, YOU were doing the same damned thing when you were that age. Stop being hypocrites.

A president should not take to social media, because it just distracts people from their day-to-day productivity. So that effectively lowers GDP. An intelligent president would understand this.

Suicide should be allowed, stat. If someone is so fucked in their life that they are suffering to the point that they are considering the idea, there is NOTHING you can do for that person that is going to assuage the anguish they are experiencing, and it is egotistical of you to think you can.

The self-centeredness of people who attempt to prevent suicides are the most selfish people on this planet. They think of nothing but themselves. This is a deep issue, but if you think about it, you will see. If a POTUS thought this, would he/she be good for the country?

A for-profit health care system cannot ever work for the betterment of any community of citizens. So stop trying to socialize it. Jesus, can't you guys figure out what the TRUE problem is? It is the COST that the providers charge. Bunch of fraudsters.

When a hospital gets an MRI machine that costs 400,000 dollars, they charge 4000 bux for each scan. So after a measly 100 scans, the machine is paid for. Do they lower the rates for the scan after the machine is paid for? Nope. Now it is all pure profit in the hospital's pocket. Why should they lower rates? If a POTUS wants to regulate anything with healthcare, it should be the bullshit in hospitals/managed care. But wait, they are all private, so the government has no right to get involved. Whoops!

Anyways, what type of person makes a good POTUS these days?

Oh, it's Dave Peel, from NYC.

2. One of my favorite and intelligent Presidents was George Washington...but he was also a slave owner so even he had some bad shit.

So you never going to have a good all around person be President, it would be impossible to win.

Banjo likes this.
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Jefferson was in that league imo. Of course there was that humping the maid thing.
    Power and money are fungible and politics is the provider of liquidity. Show me a politician and I'll show you a scumbag. The last POTUS that had a modicum of a moral compass was probably Jimmy Carter and he was in way over his head.

El OchoCinco likes this.

4. Jefferson is my real.close #2 just behind Washington. He got a little too utopian farmer at times in his political.ideology before becoming President but all.around Renaissance Man, scholar, architect, reader .and brilliant political thinker (his ideas were just only applied to white males at the time but still represent great forward thinking that we try to.love up.to.today).

Then the whole slavery thing... I think first three Presidents were some of.our .greatest political minds but still seriously with a flaw.

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

It starts with Lincoln and descends to Trump.Slaver owners are not great and thankfully slave owning presidents legacies will tarnish as time gos on.

6. Banjo

Banjo

You're a common troll and a fool Tony. If not for Washington and Jefferson Lincoln would not have existed. He was born of the maturing seeds of an ideology planted by the founders. Slavery exist today in Africa, India,(indentured servants), and elsewhere. Websites like this one provide a voice for trolls but unfortunately not the intellect equal to that degree of freedom.

7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Washington and Jefferson could have been honest honorable men like Lincoln was,they preferred to be rapist slave owners though.The seeds of racism that led to the civil war,Jim Crow,etc and race problems that still exist to this day was planted by men like Washington and Jefferson.

8. Banjo

Banjo

The seeds were planted long before them. If I were to stoop to your game I'd claim W and J were victims. Victims of the ambient environment of their time and place. It's not possible to conflate blocks of historical time and apply common judgement. Life is not a high school debate nor is it lived at the extremes of black and white. It's lived in the infinite shades of grey comprising realities we face daily.

Wallet likes this.
  9. Biden shit the bed and exposed his racism... He's as bad as the orange

10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Someone who inspires the country to work together. Real greatness comes when we work as a team.

Anyone who has run a sizable organization will quickly realize that 100 okay workers working together will do more than 500 genius workers who are infighting.

#10     Aug 9, 2019