Who do you want to win the war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 27, 2003.

1. So, your issue is the nature of due process, not the actual guilt or innocence, right?

#41     Mar 27, 2003

2. Or even "HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE USA and we'll STILL fuck your country up!"

:D

You know, as crazy as this might sound, given what I've said, I'd actually support your position -- I genuinely like America! -- IF if it was actually the case that all these other countries were "fucking with" America.

Unfortunately, history shows us that America "fucking with" other countries has been the rule, not the other way around.

#42     Mar 27, 2003

3. Yes Optional. That is my issue.

For this very good reason: can you imagine what kind of world it would be if every nation acted as America does?

It's something that probably doesn't occur to Americans, (who, as I said, take being the world's cop as their birthright) but I can assure you that the rest of the world sees what is happening and thinks "Just who the fuck do these people think they are?"

#43     Mar 27, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

There is a problem with this, in that many dictators terrorize their citizens ( obviously the ones against their Regime)..Il jong, Castro has been doing it for many many moons. This in itself is not a reason to go to War ( it sounds great when you are trying to pitch a War package, but not a reason for war ). If that were the case we would be in War with many countries and have many of our soldiers die (Here is where I have a problem)...Of course i would not object to the liberation of Cuba...:p

#44     Mar 27, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Unless of course you are an Iraqi citizen or a country in need of a loan or muscle ( Like In the case of Kuwait in 91 or for that matter Saudi Arabia when they thought they were next after kuwait..they were all signing a different tune then )....but I do agree we maybe should have handled this a different way...

#45     Mar 27, 2003
  6. "can you imagine what kind of world it would be if every nation acted as America does? "

If every country acted as america does there would be no need for warfare of any kind ! We are attacking Iraq because the regime there is a natural enemy. If everyone were like us, who would we hit ? Nobody. If every country in the world was a democracy, that would be the end of open warfare. Never in modern history has there been war between democracies. Trade wars maybe, but nobody dies. Our primary enemy is dictatorship in whatever form it takes.

Think about it, have we attacked France ? No. We don't attack democracies, even if they disagree with us and have a different culture.

#46     Mar 27, 2003
  7. msfe

msfe

Erithrea and/or Uzbekistan, the two superpowers and major pillars of the "coalition of the willing" are my candidates - in the highly improbable case Iraq loses this war.

#47     Mar 27, 2003
  8. After this post I am done with you. I should have put you on ignor a long time ago.

#48     Mar 27, 2003
  9. But God help you if you're not a democracy then, right?

Because not everyone (the clear majority of the world, in fact) is not like us, we must therefore do everything in our power to make them like us. Right?

We might break a few eggs but we're gonna make that omellete. Correct?

Thank you mondo, your words perfectly encapsulat America's vision for the world.

Not that every country being like America would necessarily be that bad of a world, but can you force it down their throats -- by any means necessary? You, for one, obviously think so.

I would disagree.

#49     Mar 27, 2003
  10. Well, first you are generalizing. The USA does have supporters. We are not alone in our war efforts, there is a coalition.

I can imagine if every nation acted as America does. We would have a much better world to live in.

Naturally, there are detractors, there always have been, haven't there?

So, bottom line, on principle, not guilt or innocence, you are wanting Iraq to win the war, even if they are in fact guilty?

#50     Mar 27, 2003