Who do you want to win the war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 27, 2003.

1. at this point, all Americans can do is to put their faith in the military leadership to finish the fighting effectively and quickly, and pressure the politicians to limit the post-war involvement as much as possible. jmho.

#31     Mar 27, 2003
  2. Hey fonzy, the guilty party is terrorism.

#32     Mar 27, 2003
  3. #33     Mar 27, 2003

4. Well, Cubano, I respectfully disagree with you. As I said in my first post, I would prefer an Iraqi victory.

I think that's the only way America will be forced to reassess its self-styled position as global arbiter of right and wrong. (And given the not insignificant amount of self-interest involved, such a position makes me want to puke!)

And before the hotheads start denouncing me for my callous disregard for the American lives that would be lost in a failed invasion (not that I think there's very much possibility of it failing, mind you), my heart equally bleeds for the thousands of PATRIOTIC (since you all love that word) Iraqis dying as we speak, defending their home land against a foreign invasion.

As for the criminal example, I was referring to Optional's unsubstantiated claim that Iraq had anything to do with 9.11.

Oh, and the rules of the probation were determined by -- see if you can remember this institution -- the United NATIONS; not the United STATES. But I guess there was some rule I forgot to read that says is the UN disagrees with the US, the US position prevails. (By the way, I'm looking, but I still can't find that rule...)

#34     Mar 27, 2003

5. I don't understand comp. Did I ever claim otherwise?

Once terrorism has been PROVEN to occur, that is.

Now, did you have any evidence establishing Iraqi complicity in 9.11?

#35     Mar 27, 2003
  6. So we are in agreement, that if there is proof of a connection between Iraq and 911, then the war is justified, right?

#36     Mar 27, 2003

7. In that case I would consider it possible that yes, it may be justifiable.

It isn't really something that there is a great deal of precedent for, in the modern era; attacking another sovereign NATION for something that its citizens are responsible for.

It's a difficult call.

It opens a whole new can of worms in international relations. India attacking Pakistan becomes entirely justifiable, for example.

I suspect, however, that American intends that this 'terrorism is justification' rule is solely for her own use.

#37     Mar 27, 2003

8. Not this war, Optional.

There is such a thing as due process, even in international matters. Something America has scant regard for.

#38     Mar 27, 2003
  9. We are at war with Terrorism, sadamm terrorizes his people so he is a terrorist. We are at war with a terrorist. That is enough proof. We declared war against terrorism and Iraq fits the bill.

Believe it or not I feel much better now that we are on the path too distruction for peace. It sounds funny I know, but it will be a peacfull solution for the US once we rid the world of these people. It is unfortunate that other countries did nopt support us, who will they turn too when they get attacked?

#39     Mar 27, 2003
  10. One more thing, this will teach people....

NOT TOO FUCK WITH THE USA or we will fuck your country up!

That is a pretty good/clear message that I think will be recieved well.

I personally would rather have other people die than Americans if that is what it is going to take.

#40     Mar 27, 2003