Who do you want to win the war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Alright then, Saddam is muslim (muslum? - I have not seen this spelling before but you may be right) only by name and not by practice, which is generally unappreciated in the muslim world. Even more disliked is his secular regime, since the Islamic faith does not, as the Christian faith does, allow for the separation of church and state. He is, these days, gaining greater support because despite his flaws is seen as a lesser evil when compared to US. Actually, this is a matter of public record - check out the Bin Laden video Colin P and crew used to link Saddam and Al Queda.

#351     Apr 1, 2003
  2. Our basic point of disagreement then, is math's existence as an objective reality in and of itself. I would consider math an invention, you would rather view it as a discovery. Both could be argued without necessarily coming to a conclusion, so I propose we agree to disagree.

#352     Apr 1, 2003
  3. man

man

math is a discreption but it lacks emotion, thus those who do not feel too well about their emotions escape to that concept.
    gödel proved (as far as I know) that maths in itself cannot be complete in itself.

math is one way to look at the world. there are numerous others. since this is a board based on numbers=prices no surprise that math is a favourite concept.

peace

#353     Apr 1, 2003
  4. Sounds like you have a point but I don't follow what you have written. If you'd like to discuss I suggest starting a new thread since math is pretty far off topic from who do you want to win the war? This is a dangerous group anyway, best to start a new thread...definitely definitely got to go to KMART

#354     Apr 1, 2003
  5. bin Laden is not hte official representative of most muslums (both spellings apply I do believe). If he were, then For anyone he does represent, I don't care what they think other than to get into their heads in order to neutralize them. It is already a problem that a huge proportion of this group is incredibly intolerant and that in many of these countries they teach hate and ignorance on a scale and level not seen since the Nazis (that all non-believers must be killed, that God wants anyone who doesn't support a pan-Islamic state and is not Muslum to be killed. Otherwise, I am not concerned with those who compare the evil of Sadaam to the US, since these are the same people who enslave women and children (Sudan) or brutalize women (most Muslum countries) and slaughter Jews, Chrisitans, Animasts, Hindus, and even other muslums not of their denomination (most Muslum countries) and focus their study on the most hateful and intolerant portions of the Qu'aran (sp?).

#355     Apr 1, 2003
  6. Actually, the only way you can argue my assertion is if you argue that we can know absolutely nothing at all other than our own existences. Otherwise, math is the first and closest thing that we can come to know that reflects the basic workings of the objective universe (although our ability to understand it, as I've said previously, is limited because we are finite, and our ability to understand it is also imperfect, since there are basic contradictions involved).

#356     Apr 1, 2003