who do you trust ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by SethArb, Aug 10, 2009.

1. I wouldnt even know where to begin, but it doesn't matter really anyways. We all craft methods around what we see and experience. If it works for you to use stops intraday, don't stop (no pun intended).

:)

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Not to start anything- but this sounds like a non answer - or I am too dumb to figure it out

What approach do you take (not asking for any secrets btw) to protect your intra-day positions, or any position for that matter (the ones that are not hedged - but I would think they would have stops as well)

Thanks
    RN

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. Every entry is based on extremely specific criteria and, after each entry one of a number of outcomes can occur. Depending on what the mkt shows me, I have a plan of attack for each one. So if A happens, then I proceed with B, but if C happens instead then I go with plan D and so forth. In order to trade this way, I must pay attention to certain very important details (such as a certain price MUST print to activate the next move). I can't explain why things play out the way that they do, only that if I follow the signals and then keep monitoring for the next chain in the sequence, I can work positions without having to use stops intraday. Can I lose, certainly. I can have news come out which adversely affects my system and I must exit. All planned news releases are accounted for (such as if there is a 10am number that I know will move the mkt, I will not place any trades prior to that number). But overall, the way things play out seems to work again and again and again. 10 years and counting...

PS This is ONLY for daytrades, if I find myself having to hold overnight, I definitely will use a stop.

#13     Aug 10, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Thanks I get it now

You do have loses and exit them - you just don't call them stops, or a stop loss

Personally I call them losers - but hey what's in a name

I learn something new every day

Thanks Again Sir

RN

#14     Aug 10, 2009
  5. Hate to put you in the redneck stereotype but perhaps you are too dumb (as you said) to understand? And like I said from the get go, I wouldn't know where to start.

To each his own, keep on truckin' sir.

#15     Aug 10, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

No Worries - It's all good

#16     Aug 10, 2009
  7. gentleman ... gentlemen

can we get back onto the topic ?

all I know is I see the same names again and again

in the wires saying "blah blah"

or "yada yada"

methinks if they could trade well they would be retired

or that they sometimes are "used to confuse"

by their employer ... who might be fading their own

"talking heads"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdy_dArmMQs&feature=related

:cool:

#17     Aug 10, 2009
  8. I agree with redneck, trust yourself and no one else :)

seth, sorry for the detour :)

#18     Aug 10, 2009
  9. Redneck

Redneck

My Apologies to your Sir

RN

#19     Aug 11, 2009
  10. Sara Pall

Sara Pall

Hey you are talking about trust but did not told us that why you are asking this question.......actually no one will believe this but it is true that we can only trust the GOD.....Human born and die...we cant trust them even you cant trust me and i cant trust myself that is the reality and life man.....1 thing will remain foreever and ever and that is GOD i folow CISSP and then some incident took place in my life that i can not share over here and in that way i just starting believing in GOD and i only trust him more them myself...!!!!!!!!!!!

#20     Aug 20, 2009