Who do you trade equities through and why?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by G Cap, Feb 8, 2008.

1. G Cap

G Cap

I have a futures account at Advantage Futures, and use CQG Trader for order entry. I use eSignal for charting, and recently opened an account with Interactive Brokers (IB) to enter equity and option orders. Here's my issue: I now realize I have to pay for feeds with IB which I already pay for through eSignal. I don't want to double pay, and IB's feeds are expensive. For example, NYSE feed is $127/mo. I can't access volatility data without paying for exchange feeds even though I pay for an option feed. If I more position trade and only make 2 or 3 equity/option round trips a day, are the low commissions worth it? Does anyone us IB's charting,and is it comparable to eSignal? I'm trying to set up shop in the most cost effective manner, and feel as though IB isn't worth the hassle if I'm not going to use all the bells and whistles. If I use the bells and whistles, I'll be double paying for data I already receive through eSignal. What are other traders out there doing to minimize expenses and blend their charting/order entry needs. Thanks.