Who Do You Trade E-Minis Through?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by BobbyMurcerFan, Feb 9, 2003.

1. I like IBs TWS, but the problem is it is not web based so I cannot trade behind a corporate firewall without being detected. They have Mobile Trader for cells and pda's but from what I read there are too many problems with devices, providers and setups.
    I am considering closing my IB account because of that unless I can soon find a wireless device and a service provider in NYC that work without being too much pain (after all you have to buy a phone and service before you even know if they work with IB).

#21     Feb 12, 2003
  2. It would be nice if the bracket functionality would consider the fill for estimating the offset prices. That way I could place the order well before my price is hit, and just sit back and wait for the action to unfold. As it is now, I cannot do this because one of the legs of the bracket may be filled before the original order that I wanted. As for conditional orders, this may solve my problem. Obviously I'm not as informed about the TWS capabilities as I should be. I will look into this. Thanks.

Jay

#22     Feb 12, 2003
  3. This is an interesting idea. And implementing this for "take me flat" functionality may be a not very complex project.

#23     Feb 12, 2003
  4. ipaq + verizon pc card + $90/mo for 3g service. the ipaq runs java, so no problem.

Find a utility to turn tws sideways on the screen, and you have a nice trading tablet.

#24     Feb 12, 2003
  5. I've heard that ericsson t68i phone works with T-Mobile Internet service (GPRS). However, I saw some comments postd on IB forum that people are able to login and browse their account, but when they try to place an order it gives them an error (can't connect to server or something like that). Anybody please share if you know regarding this phone or any other one.

#25     Feb 12, 2003
  6. TS 7 is coming !!

#26     Feb 13, 2003