Who do you profit from?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by daytr8r, Jan 5, 2003.

1. daytr8r

daytr8r

There are many knowledgeable and informative traders on this site, and I was wondering whose opinions and posts carry considerable weight. (this is obviously very subjective)

2. like Deeman.....hes the man

3. Hrmm...

In General:

Darkhorse
    Traden4Alpha
    InandLong
    Nitro
    Marketsurfer
    Sarasota
    Oldtrader
    rTharp
    candletrader
    Pabst
    metooxx
    ddefina
    dottom

Makes my day, adds humour to my trading day:

Optional777
    Aphexcoil

There's more but just off my head...

4. My posts don't carry much weight on this site, but I can still tell you who I'm profiting from. I trade only listed stocks, but use island and arca to execute most of my trades. From the size of my executions and their origin, I can tell you that I mostly profit from other short term daytraders who trade listed and use island and arca. If you have traded the most actives on NYSE that moved more than a 1.00 on the day, or the biggest point losers that will trade over 1 mil shares, and use ECN's, than we've probably met each other.

5. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

Strangley enough I profit from having somewhere to express my thoughts as everyone I know socially thinks trading is insane.

I reallly appreciate ET's presence (my friends think ET is Entertainment Tonight!)

6. I would like to answer this question very generally, and the best ever article I read explaining who traders profit from is to be located on Alan Farley's Hardrightedge.com site...

I just loved this article as the neatest way of putting things....

http://www.hardrightedge.com/wizard/ss1.htm

7. Ninja

Ninja

Very interesting article! Thanks for sharing.

8. Its always a pleasure to share sites that I have found of value... Hardrightedge.com has given me several great ideas over time... I would well recommend exploring that site...

9. qdz

qdz

I've been thinking an answer for your question for some times. Now I am pretty sure from whom I actually make profits.

I profit from those who make profit and want to share some of their profit with me.

:p

10. ElCubano

ElCubano

dbpheonix
    tntneo
    sarasota
    ddefina
    nitro
    marketsurfer

#10     Jan 7, 2003