Who do you guys talk to?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Aug 21, 2011.

1. It takes a kid about 20 minutes to learn how to cast a fishing pole. It takes a few days to perfect it, and a few weeks until it becomes so common an act that he scarcely thinks about it as much as he thinks about breathing.
    In trading, a similar process is at work. Obsession happens in the learning process, talking happens in the perfecting process, and when trading is nothing, you can have a life again. Many folks get stuck half way between learning and perfecting. So they think about trading 15 hours a day and talk about it excitedly every chance possible.
    If you can, get past that to where trading is like breathing. Then you won't need to talk about it. You can go to the Virgin Islands instead and enjoy your family.

#31     Aug 23, 2011
  2. samus

samus

+1 Exactly. Well said...

#32     Aug 23, 2011
  3. Handle123

Handle123

After being in this business of trading over 30 years, I have had businesses that were about trading, so one collects friends that walk the walk, attending conferences, seminars one also makes friends with other like minded traders as well.

And one does at some point, lose the intense desire to work at trading sixteen hours a day, that doesn't mean you stop having ideas, just hire other people to do the backtesting.

#33     Aug 26, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. Handle: just to let you know that I read some of your posts, and I really liked what you wrote. You also seem to be a genuinely good person.

#34     Aug 26, 2011
  5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Like class, do you really talk to your friends in class, besides latin, which was then a blowoff for me? Even on the street, people saved their Dynatacs for after hours or work only..

#35     Aug 26, 2011
  6. I thought you got out of the mentoring game?

ES

#36     Aug 26, 2011
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I still have a couple who have been with me bout a year, it is not like starting with someone who is brand new. Still too ill to want to do anything more than am doing from time to time.

#37     Aug 27, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. Keep on!

:cool:

#38     Aug 27, 2011