Who do you guys talk to?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Sometimes I have a trader friend that I share thoughts with. I only want to talk trading with overall profitable traders though. Don't misunderstand me - having losing streaks is OK and part of trading. Most people that I know are losing traders and if I talk with them it's generally about weather or music.

#11     Aug 22, 2011
  2. In my opinion you would be very lucky to find someone who you could talk trading with. When I first moved to Raleigh, I attended a meetup.com day trader meeting. It was disgusting.

#12     Aug 22, 2011
  3. Lornz

Lornz

I talk to myself....

If I'm lucky, I'll even get an answer...

#13     Aug 22, 2011
  4. trendo

trendo

Care to elaborate on what you found disgusting? Were the people stupid and/or smelly?

#14     Aug 22, 2011
  5. There were only 6 people at the meeting and 2 were rude, bullying, self centered and with nothing to offer. The guy who chaired the meetup was a stock broker. His strategy was simply, he didn't have one. The others were totally inexperienced. Lets face it. It was a pretty poor showing for a city the size of Raleigh.

#15     Aug 22, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

was the time/place inconvenient? what was the incentive to show up?

#16     Aug 22, 2011
  7. Learn not to need to talk to anyone. It is hard and painful I must admit. Talk to the many aspects of your personality. Try to put them in order. Talk to cosmic beings. Do not ask anything from them that can cause harm to other people otherwise you will pay.

#17     Aug 22, 2011
  8. I showed up because I didn't know anyone in Raleigh. The others were looking for a "free ride" I guess. Who knows.

#18     Aug 22, 2011
  9. I am surprised you did not answer him something like:

"You do not have a wife, or is your wife in there?"

"Not everyone needs to see their wives on playboy".

#19     Aug 22, 2011
  10. That is why ET has visitors.

#20     Aug 22, 2011