Who Creates Billionaires? Stocks or Forex

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Wal-Mart CEO: U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead

U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday.

Still, inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

The world's largest retailer is working with suppliers to minimize the effect of cost increases and believes its low-cost business model will position it better than its competitors.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

Rising stock markets = Sign of inflation?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217766

#31     Apr 9, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

ROFL :D

#32     Apr 9, 2011
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

You have a limited understanding.

#33     Apr 9, 2011
  4. Some years back the massive businessman has sent me an email saying "I am planning to buy 6 or 7 Airbus A-380 planes"

I have searched for my email account but could not find his email. Maybe deleted by the servers.

#34     Apr 10, 2011
  5. All elitetrader members can buy a personal plane if you can speak to $20,000 investors. My business offer is available to all elitetrader members.

#35     Apr 10, 2011
  6. bearice,

Leave these people alone. You are trying to teach the calculus to people who cannot do the algebra.

It is not meant for your audience to grasp what you are trying to them at this particular moment in time, leave them alone.

#36     Apr 10, 2011
  7. When you buy daily food and essentials it is included in Forex.

Forex is made up of farming, steel, mining and all other industries. I think stock markets are also part of Forex.

National/country's business/trade determines the strength of its currency and then the currency competes with international currencies which is known as forex trading.

Forex trading is competition between international currencies.

Correct me if I am wrong?

#37     Apr 11, 2011
  8. Currency is the blood of any economy, when the blood is infected - infection spreads everywhere. We saw this during last financial crisis.

#38     Apr 11, 2011
  9. How can stock markets pay 200% to 1000% profit in a year when it is difficult to earn 5 - 10% a month from Forex?

Posted in Forex forum:

If you can consistently make 10-15% a week with responsible risk parameters then you are a super hero as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't recommend you change a thing, just stick to what is working for you!

Those reports of 1000% a month or whatever are completely ridiculous, I don't doubt someone has done that at some point but I highly doubt they have been able to sustain that, because on those sorts of returns you would have to assume their risk was quite high as well hence a few losses would wipe them out completely.

If you can consistently make anywhere from 5-10% a month you are well on your way!

Get real people, no one is consistently getting 5-10% per month. I know you have all come here believing you will make at least this return but it is not realistic.

Bernie Madoff attracted millions of dollars of investment by offering just 10% per year! but the truth was he couldnt even achieve that. If you could do 5-10% per month then you are a super hero. You would be given a multi million dollar fund to manage and make the cover of forbes in your first year after doubling the account.

Does this sound real to you?

There are many traders making far more than 5-10% a month, in fact many make more than that in a week, sometimes a day, myself included. I would be extremely disappointed with a 5% month, and that's while working a full time job.

Just because one person can't do something, doesn't mean it cannot be done, so do not be ignorant.

If these professional money managers like Bernie Madoff could make consistent profits of 10% a month, why deal with all the bullshit of running your own fund? Make yourself that kind of money from your home.

The last thing I would ever want to do is run a fund. Why?

I agree i think he is bullshitting, Scalpers will compound until they reach a Max size their broker can get instant fills and thats about $700USD a point (2011).

5-10% a month is very possible with small accounts. You won't ever make it to Forbes but certainly be a millionaire.

I don't see why they shouldn't make that sort of money, it entirely depends on how you trade, risking 2% on a trade with a 20 pip stop loss you would need to make around 100 pips per week to come out with a 10% return per week. Hardly out of this world. If you risk 2% per trade and need a 200 pip stop loss then you would need 1,000 pips per week - a lot harder to keep up consistently.

Bernie Madoff didn't even try to make 10% a year he went to prison for running a ponzi which meant he wasn't doing anything with the money except paying off the older investors. Plenty of hedge funds make far more than 10% a year even though comparing those to a retail trader who frequents these forums is like apples and oranges: http://www.marketfolly.com/2011/01/2010-hedge-fund-returns-performance.html but like I said, its a completely different way of trading that shouldn't even be compared.

Thanks, it's just bizarre to hear people say you'd have to be superman to make 5% a month. Look at the weekly return on the dow the last year. And "traders" here think someone making 5% a month in forex is full of shit.. Really??? You can't make 0.2% a day? Why waste your time trading? Go open a savings account.

30-40% a month is easily doable with many systems.

It seems like I was wrong and lots of people here are making 5-10% every month if not every week, if not every day and doing it easily. You got to be happy about that people! You all will be rich in just a few years starting with just a small account, just like you always thought you would. Better go tell all your friends and family about the gravy train that is FX. Dont forget to show them proof of your returns though as they may not all be as trusting as I am of your claims.

Hallelujah! I am going to be rich!!

It is important that you earn 5 - 10% a month for more than 7 years and also you should be trading more than $20 million. You can earn 1000% in a week from very high risk trading but you will also lose 1000% next week from high risk trading.

What will you do for 10 years when you earn 1000% for 1 or 2 week only?

#39     Apr 11, 2011
  10. Ah, those were the days :p

#40     Apr 11, 2011