Who Creates Billionaires? Stocks or Forex

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Somebody want to let Warren Buffett know he's doing something wrong?

#11     Apr 7, 2011
  2. If the company doesn't own 50% of its shares then anybody who has the money power will purchase 50% shares from the markets they these money people will be the new owners of the company.

Also I am referring to world billionaires and I think majority of company owners have majority stake/shares holders in the company. Bill gates is just an example since he is world famous.

#12     Apr 7, 2011
  3. mel_pub

mel_pub

Corporation creates value added

Sum it, you got the GDP

GDP growth (especially since 200 years) is what makes us different from apes.

Currencies by themselves don't create any value. So there is no reason for tendencial growth. FX Traders make money on pure volatility which is economically totally useless.

Stock owners profit from growth of production, which is what (should) drives us all.

And by the way (you see it) FX Traders as a whole don't make any profit, it's a zero sum game. Whereas S&P growth means that stock owners (including business owners that went public) make true money (as a whole group) by funding corporations that deliver water, electricity, internet and food to your lair.

#13     Apr 7, 2011
  4. mel_pub

mel_pub

Corporation creates value added

Sum it, you got the GDP

GDP growth (especially since 200 years) is what makes us different from apes.

Currencies by themselves don't create any value. So there is no reason for tendencial growth. FX Traders make money on pure volatility which is economically totally useless.

Stock owners profit from growth of production, which is what (should) drives us all.

And by the way (you see it) FX Traders as a whole don't make any profit, it's a zero sum game. Whereas S&P growth means that stock owners (including business owners that went public) make true money (as a whole group) by funding corporations that deliver water, electricity, internet and food to your lair.

#14     Apr 7, 2011
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Another hilarious thread. I thank you bearice. However it wasn't required today since i made (a lot of) money. Tomorrow, of course, is a different story. I may need consolation and then i will return here to this thread for a good laugh.

#15     Apr 7, 2011
  6. Yes...if you buy 50% of a company, you control it. Bill Gates does not own 50% of microsoft. Last I checked he owned a little less than 25%.

Also if you start buying a company, after you acquire 5% of the shares, you have to file a notice with the SEC.

#16     Apr 7, 2011
  7. The company/corporation owners should raise/collect money from investors from IPO but they should not list the company on stock exchange.

Example, if company owner needs $5 billion they should launch an IPO and collect $5 billion for their company and continue their business but the share should not be lsited on stock exchange.

Company owners should pay dividends only to his shareholders. Owners should earn money from hard earned and slow profits and not fast rise in share value.

Shares should be similar to bank loans and company owners have to pay dividend otherwise they will be penalised.

When the company is listed on stock exchange, the owners get away with the excuse that shareholders can earn extremely high profits from stock exchange trading so dividends are not guaranteed.

When company owners collect $10 billion or $20 billion from IPO they do not guarantee any profits as security whereas bank loans needs security and interest guarantee.

Surprising, Trillions of dollars are collected without any security and guarantee and when people lose money they start crying.

I never understood the concept of stock exchange shares trading.

#17     Apr 7, 2011
  8. the1

the1

You were the first to speak :D

#18     Apr 7, 2011
  9. Bearice has been silent/quiet for many decades. Now I have started speaking otherwise idiots and useless people will takeover the world and then intelligent and hard working people will be destroyed.

World leaders and giant industrialists (they think they can see future) they have been speaking for past 100 years, so the world is in serious trouble today.

The 85 kilometer crater Yellow stone national park Volcano in USA has erupted (started speaking). This Volcano has been dormant/silent for many centuries.

#19     Apr 7, 2011
  10. +1000

#20     Apr 8, 2011