Who can you trust? Newt? Mitt? Or, he who shall not be named...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

We are just now booking units to be delivered in Jan '13, I'm busy as hell and I can't find enough people to hire, so if this is "Obama is the worst" and "economic suicide" then, please, give me more of it.

#21     Nov 30, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fair enough, I guess I just get annoyed by your the whole world is going to fall part if we don't elect Ron Paul speech. For the record, I did actually vote for Paul in the Illinois Straw poll a few weeks back. Paid the $5 and gave him my support. But the idea that this country is going to fall apart if we don't elect him is just silly.

You see, I believe in the power of the individual. I make my own way in the world. I don't need the government to help me succeed nor will I let them get in my way.

#22     Nov 30, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

yet another argument for congressional term limits.

#23     Nov 30, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Well it probably doesnt hurt (for you) that Oil has gone from 80 to over 100 dollars in the couple months, and the Canadian dollar has went down against the U.S. dollar in the same time, that is a perfect storm for you. I know a bunch of people tied into the oil industry in Alberta as well, and its business as usual again now, and im kicking myself for the decision i made a few years ago. Once again though Obama is responsible for slowing down the rate of growth, as they stoped the pipeline which was going to go from Canada to the U.S. which would have been huge for the Canadian oil industry.

At the low of the stock market i decided to buy a house in the U.S. and i was considering buying something in Alberta instead and moving there cause housing prices got hit pretty hard (in terms of Canada but not nearly as hard as the u.s.)and i know people there. Of course i made the wrong decision, and went with the U.S, and have already sold and gotten out for a loss.

Companies turning a profit was never a problem, these companies are flush with cash which is ready to be unleashed, if Obama would just create the perception that he is on the same side asa business owners instead of demonizing them.

Simply electing someone else besides Obama will probably be more than enough to make companies want to expand again, even if there is no new legislation, the change of perception will be a huge bonus to the economy. Whether you agree with it or not, the perception right now is quite clear that the Obama admin is anti business, so no one wants to expand in this environment. Just like in the stock market, perception matters as much as reality, when people make a decision. If we were to change the dialogue from demonizing business, fix the tax code, and get rid of Obamacare, things could really get moving again.

#24     Nov 30, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I'm actually referring to our Wyoming and Texas shops. I don't bother mentioning Canada, since it's been better than flush since early [2010].

#25     Nov 30, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Well that still doesnt really change the fact that your industry is one of the few, where what is good for you, can in fact be very detrimental to the overall health of the economy. For all you know the reason demand for products is up in the oil industry because they believe oil is going to 150, as things in the middle east continue to become more and more unstable.

#26     Nov 30, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Demand is up because our customers are still making money, albeit on lower margins, in supplying energy to manufacturing in general, which is, if you've been reading, also on a tear.

#27     Nov 30, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Im not trying to attack you, im just saying that using demand in your particular industry is not exactly the best choice for guaging the overall health of the economy, as high oil prices can be counter productive.

#28     Nov 30, 2011
  9. I admire your spirit and wish more people believed as you do. Maybe we wouldn't have the enormous welfare state we have if that were true.

It is entirely possible that my doom and gloom prognostications are completely off base...in fact, I rather hope they are.

#29     Nov 30, 2011