Who can you trust? Newt? Mitt? Or, he who shall not be named...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Nov 30, 2011.

1. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppbPSm4MAxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. For me, that's the most important question regarding a potential leader...can I trust this person at their word? What good is someone's word if you know it cannot be trusted?

Better still, if your wife or girlfriend lied to you over and over and over again, would they still be your wife or girlfriend?

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I hate to break this you DAS, but most people in this country are in dishonest relationships. You get lied to every day. You just don't know it. Remember the thing about glass houses.

4. Max E.

Max E.

I will vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, though i doubt he will win, but after that its going to be a choice of three scumbags, either Romney, Gingrich, or Obama, and clearly Romney or Gingrich can not possibly get any worse then Obama already is, so while im not going to end up liking our next president it is imperative that we get rid of Obama.

5. What do these people do when they find out they've been lied to? Most people I know leave the relationship...and that's the fine point isn't it...a relationship without trust is a relationship without a foundation...and it is destined to collapse.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

No dude, most people don't. I don't want to get into relationship talk here so let's leave it at that.

On a different, one of the most corrupt and dishonest Presidents in our history was Jack Kennedy, your "favorite" President. How do you square with that Mr. Honesty?

7. Don't count Dr Paul out for a third party run should the GOP be dumb enough to not nominate him. If nothing else, it will be his final f*ck you to the GOP...because it will guarantee another four years for Obama...unless by some miracle the world stops spinning and he pulls off a third party miracle.

Personally, I don't see any difference between Newt, Obama, Romney, Cain, or any of the establishment pics...they all stand for more war, less freedom, no fiscal discipline, and the complete and final ruination of America. It's Paul or bust.

8. Max E.

Max E.

Very true and most people are not even self aware to realize that they have ulterior motives in relationships. For example when i first started making decent money in the markets whenever i would come home to visit some of my friends, i would start realizing that the ones who were broke would always call me more often cause i didnt mind treating people, i just wanted to go out and have a good time while i was in town, that starts to wear thin pretty quickly, and im sure if i confronted these friends they wouldnt even realize they were really doing it cause they have been friends of mine my whole life, so i have to keep people like that at arms length now. Then i have other friends who dont make much money and they are always offering to take me out when i come home, of course i never let them, but you sure start to realize that things arent always as they seem when you start paying attention to that.

And when it comes to relationships with women basically the whole thing is a fassad, guy wants to get laid woman wants security, and a relationship is formed.

The only thing you can count on is that everyone is looking out for their own interests, in one way or another.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree. I'm not saying I support all the bullshit that goes into game playing, but relationships are a game. Guys lie to girls all the time to get laid. Girls lie all the time to guys to get married. I just hate this moral high ground argument that I don't support people who lie. The irony is DAS parents have probably lied to him his whole life. Most of our parents have. Again, I'm not condoning it. But let's leave the higher then thou attitude alone (directed at DAS).

Shit man, I've been a trader for close to 15 years. I'm not sure anybody has ever told me the truth in this business. And yes, I'm still in this business.

10. Well, there is an old saying..."everyone's your brother until the rent comes due"-unknown

#10     Nov 30, 2011