Who Can We Report This Guy To??

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bearbelly, Sep 12, 2006.

1. I would imagine this guy is pirating software and his site is there so who can we report this too that might take some action against this sort of thing?

2. Bear - if you report his site to each vendor that he has pirated software from, that would be a start. If everyone here did it, it would get their attention that's for sure.

3. I've reported them a few times.

I've seen (what looks like) these same people do this for several years. Seems to be from a country in the former Soviet Union.

Probably will be very difficult to stop. :mad:

4. KS96

KS96

ban the whole IP range

5. KS96

KS96

Are all moderators gone? Can someone start cleaning up this mess?

6. Need some kind of filter that would prevent anyone from posting a website or phrase more than once in a certain time period.

7. have you guys posted complaints on each thread from the spammer ?

maybe the moderators are still sleeping ?

as it is not even 8 am EST in the USA

:)

8. andread

andread

How about making the registration a bit more complex? I don't think, for example, that the registration page has CAPTCHA. To prevent bots from registering, as a start

Edit: to report piracy, the best place is probably

http://www.bsa.org

9. hcour

hcour Guest

I suggested a long time ago the very simple solution that a first-timer has to have his post be approved by a mod before it goes thru. Nothing is so urgent that a first post can't wait a few hours at the most before it appears in the forum.

H