Who can I replace Lightspeed with?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by RTimeNetCoder, Aug 24, 2009.

1. The crashing is a high volume issue Im pretty sure. It allways happened just after open on a big story somewhere. It crashed when I was shorting AIG after earnings. System crash.. I missed a two dollar ride down.
    Fortunately I was just papertrading but I felt something was wrrong and I remembered some other crashes..
    It would had been my record probebly. I think Ill have to buy a new monitor when this happenes to me real!

#41     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Ive been reading most treats on this forum and I want to make credits. Its been an outstanding source to me finding answers to my questions!
    Very intresting to read repley and advise from the crew from IB as well. Now Im asking you: Lightspeed pushers where are you???

#42     Sep 15, 2009
  3. Sorry, I'm not allowed to. LS's legal department threatened Elite Trader.

Good luck tho! :)

#43     Sep 15, 2009
  4. Should give them some credits as well while it has been a great platform for me to learn trading real time(LS demo). They should get it right and change attitude a bit while their platform is a great experience. If your not a indicator freak and like straightforward trading this is a very clear platform. This Lightspeed demo, using real time data, should be an example to other brokers! If seen crashes only at open so rest of the day also fine. Fees pretty fair as well.
    But I cant live with it while I like to trade on the opening minutes, snatshing your money from the table..
    Alternatives please!!?

#44     Sep 16, 2009
  5. Im thinking IB now with some 3th party software(their graphics sucks) Perhaps Neoticker or just Quotetracker with Madscan.

Any comment!?

#45     Sep 16, 2009
  6. I got a demo from NanoTrader a while ago. Looked very nice, and I think they do IB. Demo was short tho... make sure you have enuf time to play with it before requesting demo.

Be interested in hearing your opinion.

#46     Sep 16, 2009
  7. Looked very prommising, watching the logo..
    Turned out to be some program from my grandmothers days. Like software was just invented..
    Any serious comments please??

#47     Sep 16, 2009
  8. No, no... not at all. Nano is the most up-to-date software I've seen. State of the art.

User interface is smooth and polished with excellent on-chart trading, dom, etc. I saw no glitches when I demo'd it.

The best and fastest backtesting system I've seen by far as well, with weighted indicators and Monte Carlo tuning. The vids don't do it justice, but give an idea.

I would call it a superset of ninja with a cleaner interface and more features.

The only downside I've seen is that it currently has no option chain or spreader, but nano says they can be added.

I would hire it if I could connect to my current broker with it... My broker is FIX only, in process of trying to get them to work together.

No, I don't work for them... I was just very impressed! :)

#48     Sep 16, 2009
  9. As a further comment, I must say that I liked LS's platform very much too. Very different from NanoTrader tho.

I've seen and used many, many platforms. I would rate both of these platforms at the top if there were no other issues.

#49     Sep 16, 2009
  10. You cant be serious. I cant believe they even dare asking money for it!

#50     Sep 17, 2009