Who can I replace Lightspeed with?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by RTimeNetCoder, Aug 24, 2009.

1. I've noticed that a few firms including Genesis are self clearing. Is that ok, or is it risky?

#31     Aug 25, 2009
  2. cstfx

cstfx

They also have clearing relationships with ML and Penson so it is not all on their shoulders, if their relative size is a concern.

Also, check out this link for other platforms that may be of use to you:

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=CertifiedPartners

#32     Aug 25, 2009
  3. Oh, cool. Thanks!

#33     Aug 25, 2009
  4. akeserla

akeserla

Not sure I had the same problem, only later I realized that the mail landed in my spam folder.

The Customer Rep told me that he was sending my info over.. it went to my spam folder.. found it after a couple of days when I looked into my spam folder

-A

#34     Aug 25, 2009
  5. That's a good suggestion. I had problems with the vpn. After I switched to the SSL, the freezing problems went away.

#35     Aug 25, 2009
  6. bstay

bstay

just want to mention that TradeStation's commission schedule is inclusive of all ECN and SEC fees. so if you're looking to earn ECN rebates (adding liquidity) then TradeStation is not suitable.

#36     Aug 25, 2009
  7. I am using SSL. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

They gave me a list of 7 ports to open to get VPN to work. Of course, the list of ports to open varies depending on whether you are talking to Chris or Jorge. I decided to use SSL instead.

I must say that your response is interesting to me. Lightspeed told me every time I spoke to them that out of 1500 customers I was the only person who has ever had problems with the client freezing.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I've heard of others too. Quite funny tho, isn't it? :D

#37     Aug 27, 2009
  8. My spam doesn't get automatically filtered. I found a different solution so I wouldn't have that problem.

I do make other silly mistakes sometimes, so little reminders are good. Thanks. :)

#38     Aug 27, 2009
  9. bstay

bstay

TradeStation replies promptly in my experience. We have at least 3 other friends trading from Singapore through opening 'foreign account' so it isn't a problem.

#39     Aug 27, 2009
  10. Now I'm finally making money papertrading after months of training and full of confidence to be profitable real time the hardest job seems to be the choise of broker and software..

RTimeNetCoder,
    this has been a very usefull thread to me! The crashing issue also appeares in the demo version. Alsked them some question as well. They allways repley but really thats all. Very poor respons indeed..

Their software is quite outstanding from most I've seen though making it hard to find alternatives. Im thinking IB now with some 3th party software(their graphics sucks) Perhaps Neoticker or just Quotetracker with Madscan. Not sure yet..

Please add!!!!!!!!

#40     Sep 15, 2009