who can beat IB for US stocks daytrading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blueraincap, Aug 21, 2018.

1. I need access to $2mn in daytrading stocks which IB can provide.
    I need solid Java API, which IB provides.
    I need low low commission, which IB can kinda offer
    I need a reputable firm to trust my capital, which I am comfortable with IB

Why would I wanna change firm?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm not sure what the purpose of the post is. IB fits your needs. That's great. Other traders might have other needs or flexibility they do not offer. There is no "BEST". There is what is best for you. We offer IB accounts too for our LVX clients. I hope to have to the opportunity soon to offer Wedbush accounts to our LVX users where we have 100% control over support and pricing.

Cheers.

Bob
    PS You posted this in the Prop Firm forum. IB is not a prop firm.

QuasWexExort and tommcginnis like this.
  3. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Are Wedbush connected in any way with Ironbeam?

Thanks

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

5. I wonder who can beat IB these days. What do you offer that can be superior to IB? especially for someone with enough capital in a portfolio margin account

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

blue,

If you were to qualify for a PMA with us and fund with $175K or more, we offer a choice of software with both DMA and SMART routing for both equities and options. Our SMART routed option orders avoid maker/taker fees for all but cash settled index options on LS Trader, Sterling Trader Pro, Realtick and Silexx. Our equity SMART routes can reduce fees for those that take liquidity and are very good at finding liquidity. For hedge funds we offer Nirvana Reporting. We have a professional well trained support staff that answers the phone when you call and response to emails ASAP. We can offer accounts to both foreign and domestic traders. We offer access to only US listed Exchanges. Our cost structure is very low. For equites we start at $0.0045/share or $4.50/Trade, and Option start at $0.60/option including the OCC fee of $0.05.

And, you get me as your salesperson. My wife says I'm awesome.

Bob

7. SteveM

SteveM

I need a dynamic trading platform, which IB does not provide.

That issue aside, I tend to agree. IB is hard to beat.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Can you please define "dynamic trading platform".

9. Thanks for that link. I assume you are referring to the Adjusted Net Capital column. Would that be the total amount of futures (only) funds on deposit for all of the firm's clients combined? If so, then what is the adjustment? In other words, Ironbeam has only $4 million in total including all customer funds or has that figure been 'adjusted' somehow?
    LOL

10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Adjusted Net Capital is the FCMs capital base not customer seg funds. It is what they have on hand if their clients were to drop below $0.00 and to place on deposit at the exchanges to cover their responsibility of the exchange FCM margin requirement which is 8% of your margin requirement overnight.

#10     Aug 21, 2018
    RosyScenario likes this.