Who buys the crap on trader monthly?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TradingPilot, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Hey, my casio I got fot my 7th birthday 28 years ago still keeps perfet time.Must of cost about 5 bucks back then....

#21     Jan 18, 2009
  2. too bad the face has scratches which makes it unreadable.

good watches at least premium ones have sapphire crystals at the mininum, won't be scratched or dulled for the next 5000 years.

#22     Jan 18, 2009
  3. The magazine content has actually been getting a little better.
    But the watches they showcase are still ugly as all hell.
    Another tip for them, put some girls in there! When you have a fashion segment...you gotta have some women in the pictures.

Here are this months watches: all ugly

#23     Jan 18, 2009
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

The intervies and profiles in thie " Hall of Fame" are worth the price alone, ( free).

Its current interviews of great traders and investors.

EF

#24     Jan 18, 2009
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i agree,eric bolling on fox makes vey bad calls. he also took away the seriousness of his commentary. bulls n bears is a joke.,

#25     Jan 18, 2009
  6. I usually leave that magazine on the shelf in the mailroom for others. Unless it lists the top 50 under 50 making under 50, I discard the rag!

p

#26     Jan 18, 2009
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

From Wiki:

"Trader Monthly is a lifestyle magazine for financial traders founded by Magnus Greaves, edited by Randall Lane, and chaired by Jim Dunning under the company Doubledown Media. The target audience of Trader Monthly is the financial community with an average income at or exceeding U.S.$ 450,000 and/or net worth greater than U.S.$ 2 million."

So it is basicly a GQ targeting traders and NOT a trading magazine! :p

#27     Jan 18, 2009
  8. I think the 20k bottles are more just for show then anything else. Even the likes of Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Mark Cuban and the other super-rich wouldnt be caught paying 20 large for a bottle of whiskey.

#28     Jan 18, 2009
  9. Well, look at it this way. For a free mag its not bad browsing/reading while on the crapper. Its got some pretty pictures in it.

#29     Jan 18, 2009
  10. Bizarre. The subscription page doesn't work, the Customer service page has no email addresses, and the contact page has maybe 50 people listed... and only 3 of them have emails addresses! Here's how the top of the contact page looks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Trader Monthly Magazine
    240 West 35th Street
    11th Floor
    New York, NY 10001
    (212) 719-9500
    (212) 507-9878 fax
    PRINT SUBSCRIPTION CONTACT

For questions or customer service issues regarding print subscriptions
    Please call 847-763-9544 or e-mail

#30     Jan 18, 2009