Who buys the crap on trader monthly?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TradingPilot, Aug 8, 2008.

1. EPrado

EPrado

While I agree he is scum...no reason to be all racist about it. His religion has nothing to do with him being a complete prick.

#11     Aug 9, 2008
  2. empee

empee

I read it and find some of the articles pretty good/informative. I dont buy the really expensive stuff so those articles are more for entertainment.

Overall I really enjoy reading this magazine, though the last few issues content wasn't as good as it used to be.

#12     Aug 9, 2008
  3. watching eric on bulls and bears reminds me of the saying. the emperor has no clothes. he makes as many bad calls as the rest of them.

#13     Aug 9, 2008
  4. Well, according to wikipedia,
    These are people who shop at Neiman-Marcus and buy watches that cost more than your car (but less than their car.)

#14     Aug 9, 2008
  5. They do sell it retail here in Canada at the local Chapters.

They charge $40 for international shipping.

The subscription is free if you apply for it online.

The trade top 100 is well researched. Some of the traders interviews are good.

But other than that its like a ripoff of Azure, Wallpaper, and Robb Report in one issue.

Johnny Chang's monthly column is kinda fun.

#15     Aug 9, 2008
  6. I find that watches under $60,000 don't keep good time.

#16     Aug 9, 2008
  7. In defense of TM.

Like most of you I get it comped. Obviously their money is made on ad revenue. To an advertiser it matters little if the book was given away or sold at a newstand. A reader is a reader. Clearly TM is able to say "hey Rolex we have your demographic down tight."

That being said the mag is mailed to my SoFla address. They emailed me a party invitation last Spring that was pretty friggin' hot. At some private Club in DT Miami. 55th floor. Free drinks and zillions of FREE cigars. Cohiba, Montecristo you name it. I walked out with a couple of hundred in smokes.

#17     Aug 9, 2008
  8. I just applied for the free subscription :)

#18     Aug 9, 2008
  9. I get the Morning Call in my inbox. Pretty entertaining for free, even though they mainly link to articles on the web.

#19     Aug 9, 2008
  10. Read the book "metal men" by Craig Copetas, its a pseudo-biography about Marc Rich and the dirty international trading world.

You will be amaze. :cool:

#20     Jan 18, 2009