Who at ET trades for a living?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Red_Ink_inc, Dec 13, 2008.

1. joemiami

joemiami Guest

At the present moment, i have to stay below 16 clients in order to manage others without needing series 3 lic. (florida). But with the few clients I have now, Im more then happy. I may take a few more who have contacted me thru references from my present clients, and then keep it low level. I thought about getting a license to manage more accts butI get the feeling the mental burden would start to interfere with my personal life...

#21     Dec 14, 2008
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Living from the markets since early 2008, futures mainly, great so far...

#22     Dec 15, 2008
  3. Euler

Euler

I suppose if you had $0 to trade, you'd never make a cent, so your "fact" is trivially true :D

But it seems to me that you're asserting something stronger than that. In which case, please tell us what you really mean and give us the source of your "facts".

#23     Dec 15, 2008
  4. I do not think of it as earning a living. It is more about managing wealth. To me, managing wealth means not holding on to bad deals. I only hold good deals. To me it means stopping losses and taking reasonable risks.

#24     Dec 15, 2008
  5. LOL, putting me in your post shows what a sad and pathetic multi-alias troll you really are.

It's pretty obvious that you don't trade for a living, so at least you answered that much of the OP's question.

:p

#25     Dec 15, 2008
  6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

if you have clients, it's a business and it is a job.

you owe you clients the best service you can provide. not like madoff who ripped them off because they trusted him.

i know many people that just want to rip me off.

#26     Dec 15, 2008
  7. sc85

sc85

I trade equity only for my own account full time.

#27     Dec 15, 2008
  8. And what is worse, it had the audacity to associate you with me!!!

No wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket:mad: :mad:

#28     Dec 15, 2008
  9. here

#29     Dec 15, 2008
  10. Here, started during the tech boom with E*Trade over the phone at work. Then moved into trading when I got home, as I worked early. Progresed to getting my rear raped following a system in commodities. Traded swing in stocks and options at same time.Eventually left/laid off from day job and have been full time since 2003 on the futures mini index side. Looking to move back into equities and to the end am studtying for series 7 and go with one of the wonderful firms out there.
    The system trading wiped me out and was glad to have a job to be able to rebuild and keep trading. I answer the phone when the brokers call with the latest greatest system and let them have it for pushing people into those hyped, over optimized piles of crap. I'm not still angry over my stupidity, really! LOL :D

#30     Dec 15, 2008