Who at ET trades for a living?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Red_Ink_inc, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Sushi

Sushi

No I never said it isn't possible. Just that if your living and trading from trading profits only. Your 9 times out of 10 living a very meager lifestyle regardless of the capital in your account.

#11     Dec 14, 2008
  2. Go back and read your own comments, you half wit!!!

#12     Dec 14, 2008
  3. Started with $122k now trade full time. Stocks, ETFs... Looking at adding German and Hong Kong Markets...

This is the BEST profession in the world!

#13     Dec 14, 2008
  4. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Started out trading ES contracts part time almost 3yrs ago, now trading forex spot almost exclusively now. Have 5 clients who I manage money for, as well as my own. This is my full time career, if you can call working 2 to 4 hrs/day fulltime.

Those ppl on here who act like they know what constitutes a "successful trader" are just wanabees looking to hide their own lack of achievement....

#14     Dec 14, 2008
  5. Sushi

Sushi

Well. Without managing opm or selling stuff. Heck even the guru zanger has thriving big buck net business. I would say NO ONE has started from zero. Got no opm and has no other business or income on the side lives a good lifestyle. The evidence simply isn't there. In fact the evidence shows the opposite. If they do exist winning big lotto has about same odds

#15     Dec 14, 2008
  6. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Sophie.... you got that right! I can't see myself doing anything else. What other career offers you the money potential, independence, and capability to work from any part of the world? If anybody knows one, please let me know......:p

Before I started trading yrs ago, I was a realtor for Coldwell Banker here in Miami. Made very good money, but the weekend hours(open houses), and pain in the ass clients drove me nuts.

Trading is the BOMB!!
    :cool:

#16     Dec 14, 2008
  7. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Who on here have clients under their wing? Raise their hand...

#17     Dec 14, 2008
  8. Have several clients. With the markets the way the are, people losing money and not trusting their own decisions, they find it easier to entrust their funds to others. Most of my clients are in Asia as I am also overseas. Number of clients have nearly doubled. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Have refused last two clients and will not be taking anymore. Taking on too many clients becomes more of a job. One of the reasons for becoming a trader was to get away from it. I have also found that clients always expect more and more,.....better performance or to match the better months.

#18     Dec 14, 2008
  9. i've been trading for 3.5 years now- bond futures at work and now i come home and do some stock and some small futures speculation. make all my money in the bonds, so far still giving back with futures speculating and up a measly 10% this year on the stock picks i have made. currently flat looking to get long.

dm

#19     Dec 14, 2008
  10. Sushi

Sushi

Yes. People can and do make money. However if trading is all they do for a living without a huge account opm or other income. They live a very meager lifestyle. 1 out of 15000. Not one out of 150. All full time traders who started with nothing live a life of poverty without outside capital or business. That's a fact

#20     Dec 14, 2008