Who ARE You???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by T/A_Bo, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Oops. Sorry Bo. Got you mixed up with BrandonF on the temper thing.

#11     Jun 15, 2002
  2. T/A_Bo

T/A_Bo

nah, I'm all by my lonesome in the position trading room at RealityTrader.

Keeps me out of trouble while I wait for my positions to move. (Go GE...) :)

-Bo

#12     Jun 15, 2002
  3. set up a heavy bag in your garage

after frustrating series of losses, go beat the @#% out of it instead of trading emotionally

work off your anger and tone up as added bonus

#13     Jun 15, 2002
  4. MrDinky

MrDinky

#14     Jun 16, 2002
  5. everyone I know who is a true professional is getting chopped up,
    I don't go to these sites very often but I can't stand when these so called big traders are yapping about how easy it is right now. Honestly it is very hard for true active traders ( 100K shares and above) I'm trading about 500 k a day and I trade as cheap as anybody out there. I 've 1MM Plus the last 4 years but this year I'm down 110 K net, without any overnights. I just trade MSFT and its tough all around. Most big traders don;t have time to have 500 posts as their to busy trading or trying to unwind. So anybody who says its easy right now is full of $%#&. Sorry about my rant.............

#15     Jun 16, 2002
  6. T/A_Bo

T/A_Bo

>everyone I know who is a true professional is getting chopped up,

Rhino, I hear the same from the traders who I know and respect. I'm sure in chop mode. After a losing April, I had a very nice May, but my months profits were made on about 5 days out of the month, the rest of the time was a constant stream of stops. I’m trying to be a bit more scalpy this month, and it’s working well in the chop. But it’s still a total grind. In the past there was always 1 “easy” day in a week where the money just fell into your lap. Recently there have been only 1-2 of these “gift” days a month. The rest of the time you are just treading water.

It’s funny as hell for me since I'm on the inside to watch the other services out there try to maintain the illusion of “hot profits”... My mailbox is full of more and more “100% PROFITS IN A SINGLE DAY” options spams. That’s got to be ringing hollow to the avg Joe these days. Also, notice how the “Mommy look I had a good trade!” posts/alerts advertising something are only coming out now after a nice trend day? <evil grin>

-Bo

#16     Jun 16, 2002
  7. lundy

lundy

lol, i knew that would spark a bit of debate.

by the way, whats a real trader? I thought anyone who trades is a trader. If you mean good trader, then they obviously aren't too good anymore if they lose as soon as the market stops trending.

Maybe you are talking about nasdaq stock traders? If you don't already know this, the nasdaq stock market is a just a blip on the radar screen of the global market. Just because the Nasdaq has been choppy, doesn't mean that all "trend traders" are having a hard time. Also, if your strategy only works when the market trends, find a market that is trending instead of getting whipsawed in a choppy market.

What is choppy in one time frame is trending in another. If you are having a hard time, it's cause you aren't adapting to the changing times.

If you can't figure out what is trending and what is ranging, then you aren't such a good trader, and if you can find it but you still aren't making much money, then you don't know how to use statistics very well to build a good trading system, and your luck has all but run out.

In conclusion, markets are trending, and choppy all the time, and in all different time frames. If you flourished when the overall time frame was trending, but your having a very hard time now, it's because before you were risking to much and relying on luck, knowing that the Naz would always go up. And now your risky trading is biting u in the ass cause the market is choppy and your trading is sloppy, and your gambling luck is running out fast.

"lets kick it up a notch" famous ny cook

edit: rhino, it takes luck, balls and brains to make huge profits. If you don't have one of those, it can sometimes be made up for by lotsa hard work... but in the end, the work just adds up to experience, and the experience just adds up to luck, balls and brains. So i'll start u off with a good luck!

#17     Jun 16, 2002
  8. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am just curious.......

I would assume that someone who offers his mentoring services for up to $300 an hour (as on your RT site) must be a pretty damn great trader. As such a great trader, you must make substantial income trading. Why would a great trader making great money need this additional income? It is not because you "enjoy" teaching others, otherwise you could charge just $20 an hour, or free (like I occasionally do to local aspiring traders). Am I correct in assuming that the additional income is needed due to the fact that your trading profits really aren't there?

Just wondering..........

#18     Jun 16, 2002
  9. The 3-strikes-and-out is a great suggestion, blowout days almost always
    start small and then snowball out of emotional frustration.

Why do most of us get frustrated from that first single loss? It's all due
    to what expectations we have. After a decent win streak, one's confidence
    grows to the point where certain expectations are raised (a certain profit
    per day, wanting to catch every major intraday swing), until the inevitable
    non-conforming loss throws a monkey wrench into it all. The more
    congratulatory we are about our past trading, the more we tend to cling to
    "what should have been" rather than keeping our sights on tomorrow.
    I guess the point is to be able to put past trading results behind us,
    whether good or bad, and instead remain focused, wary, and careful about the
    next trade. Something that helped me greatly in this department was
    removing my intraday P/L from my screen; you won't have so much of an urge
    to "revenge trade" out of a hole, nor find yourself basking in the glory of that last big win and then taking things "easy".

#19     Jun 16, 2002
  10. lundy, I have realized in my time in trading that the people who talk a lot are either trying to sell something ie. (prop shops with 1000 posts) or people who are full of shit. I think you fall in that category. I'm done with site it has too many people who just want to pump there own agenda. I have lundy trying to give me trading 101 while 100 % of the traders that i know that trade equities intraday are struggling. Lundy people who call themselves supertraders are 99% of the time a pack of posers.

#20     Jun 16, 2002