Who are these robots?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by schizo, Apr 28, 2020.

1. schizo

schizo

Just out of curiosity, who are behind these robots? They don't look like the typical scraping robots like Google. Moreover, why are there so many of them?

upload_2020-4-28_20-4-41.png

[​IMG]

2. schizo

schizo

Why are there more bots than members?

upload_2020-4-30_13-4-38.png

3. schizo

schizo

5 minutes later, it goes up to 215. Just what is their reason for being here in the first place?!

upload_2020-4-30_13-10-6.png

4. schizo

schizo

@Baron Surely you know the answer to this. C'mon, fess up.

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

They are all search bots. Please don't think that a search engine like Google is deploying one bot to search this site. Each search engine has many of them constantly hitting us from a variety of IP addresses, and I'm talking about Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, Baidu, DuckDuckGo, and many others.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    speedo and Laissez Faire like this.
  6. schizo

schizo

Oh, c'mon, 294 bots? And that screenie was captured at night too, long after the market was closed.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't know what else to say. Site traffic has doubled since the virus outbreak and the bots love us. :thumbsup::D

Laissez Faire likes this.
  8. This is typical for every forum as far as I know.

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I heard some forums are turning away people if not wearing a medical mask / medical gloves.

:D

wrbtrader

RubberBand and Laissez Faire like this.
  10. virtusa

virtusa

Only exception is made for people who have a certificate that they were injected with a disinfecting product from Lysol or Dettol.
    :D

#10     May 2, 2020