Who are the top five stock trading guru's who teach their methods?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by EvanC, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Toressa

Toressa

Below are five undervalued companies that are not only ranked high in Business Predictability, but also have the highest dividend yield percentages among the list:
    *Demand Media Inc. (DMD)
    *Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD)
    *Entropic Communications Inc. (ENTR)
    *MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. (WFR)

:cool:

#51     Dec 3, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

show us neiderhoffer's record for the last 20 years.

#52     Dec 3, 2012
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I really don't understand why you just didn't post a "poll" that asked traders to list whom they consider to be "top trading guru's that teach their methods". You can then contact those gurus to see if they're willing to work with you.

You request new rabbit holes to explore

Yet, if you know how to use Google search...you'll probably get your answer a lot faster instead of trying to read through this thread of debates and arguments that's commonplace here at this particular forum in comparison to other forums.

Have you consider exploring trading contest winners or top 10 placers because some of them are "trading gurus" that don't share their methods or vendors that do share their methods. In fact, I think there's a thread here at ET by some organization that has a trading contest (e.g Automated Trading thread). Yet, if automation isn't your interest, you can contact top traders that Dukascopy monitors although most of them are outside of North America and only a few are actual vendors.

Hint: Review top place winners in the dozens of trading contest from all over the world because some of the place winners are "trading gurus" hiding behind funny user names.

Another source is just review ET sponsor list posted down at the bottom of this website on every page or shown via occasional ads you see showcasing here at this forum or any other forum you may be a member of because you should have known better to try to gain your list via talking to traders that don't even use the methods of those they're supporting or arguing about. :D

#53     Dec 3, 2012
  4. I don't speak JHM NLP, but I think I understand this.

:eek:

#54     Dec 3, 2012
  5. JWH is an asset gathering machine, nothing more. Try 20% of the profits-- calculate it out--

VN had 100% years also, in fact, he took a small amount $50k if i recall, into 20 million at one point. Ask JWH investors who just started with him what they think about "trend following" NIederhoffer is high risk for high rewards, the investors know this.

surf

#55     Dec 3, 2012
    #56     Dec 3, 2012
  7. jem

jem

Surf and I have had this conversation in the past.

In 2003 I wrote this... and I wrote this a few years later as well.

----
    Pabst I recognize your posts in the past as having good trading insight but my question to you is this? Are there not ways to trade that will have good returns untill you blow up. Isn't that what LTCM did. Isn't that the way of selling premium when it is pumped up. Isn't that what VN did. That is not good trading it is gambling. Now if he had discipline and took his losses after certain points-- and he was able to do that and make money-- you might call him a trader but from what I read he was a gambler and got nailed at least twice and maybe again.

So you have this fund you recognise a statistical anomaly you make money. Then it stops working you sell premium when it is pumped up- probably in the same intrument that is moving outside your statistcal norms. Wow market snaps back you are a genius untill the time it does not snap back. Trader or gambler?

Now add in the fact you are trusted with other people money. What type of person are you now when you understand the game you are playing. You hold yourself out as a statiscal genius but if you really understood statistics you would heed the advice of soros or your buddy who wrote the book Fooled by Randomness. Instead you blow up again. and again maybe?

Pabst his record supports the academics who argue for the efficient market hypothesis, not for being a good trader.

Also Pabst if the point of being skilled vs blowing up is tenuous than we have very different opinions of what makes a trader vs a gambler.

#57     Dec 3, 2012
  8. jem

jem

Surf and I have had this conversation in the past.

In 2003 I wrote this... and I wrote this a few years later as well.
    How many times did surf call VN a good trader... how many times since has VN blown up... how much more money has he lost?

I do not know the answer... but at some point you have to think VN's mentor was WC Fields or was it Barnum.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=237790&highlight=blow+up#post237790

----
    Pabst I recognize your posts in the past as having good trading insight but my question to you is this? Are there not ways to trade that will have good returns untill you blow up. Isn't that what LTCM did. Isn't that the way of selling premium when it is pumped up. Isn't that what VN did. That is not good trading it is gambling. Now if he had discipline and took his losses after certain points-- and he was able to do that and make money-- you might call him a trader but from what I read he was a gambler and got nailed at least twice and maybe again.

So you have this fund you recognise a statistical anomaly you make money. Then it stops working you sell premium when it is pumped up- probably in the same intrument that is moving outside your statistcal norms. Wow market snaps back you are a genius untill the time it does not snap back. Trader or gambler?

Now add in the fact you are trusted with other people money. What type of person are you now when you understand the game you are playing. You hold yourself out as a statiscal genius but if you really understood statistics you would heed the advice of soros or your buddy who wrote the book Fooled by Randomness. Instead you blow up again. and again maybe?

Pabst his record supports the academics who argue for the efficient market hypothesis, not for being a good trader.

Also Pabst if the point of being skilled vs blowing up is tenuous than we have very different opinions of what makes a trader vs a gambler.

#58     Dec 3, 2012
  9. zdreg

zdreg

show us neiderhoffer's record for the last 20 years.

#59     Dec 3, 2012
  10. taowave

taowave

Surf,Oneil is a trader.

If hes dead right hes an investor

If he is s down 7-8% he is out..

Heavily influenced by Darvas and Wyckoff.

#60     Dec 3, 2012