Who are the top 10 members/traders on ET?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hermitage, Apr 21, 2008.

1. w3rd

#11     Apr 21, 2008
  2. Austin posts free videos on his website and occasionally writes for tradingmarkets. Because of ET's rules against unpaid advertising/spam, I cannot say what his website is, because he does sell stuff, but his videos are always of interest.

#12     Apr 21, 2008
  3. That Wayne Gibbous is damn smart and good looking, but he probably only comes in at number 12 or 13 for trading...

#13     Apr 21, 2008
  4. My vote goes to nutmeg.

He is the Zen Warrior/Poet Trader of ET:

A small taste:

#14     Apr 21, 2008
  5. LMAO ... Buy1Sell2 is a traders' trader, though very few can trade like him, volente_00 is a layman's trader, a smart guy and he shares what knowledge he has and what works for him.

#15     Apr 21, 2008
  6. +1. Pab(s)t too.

#16     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Just a note ... if you try to follow all of these guys, you won't be able to learn from any of them ... stick with one and see how far he can take you ... trading is all about formatting your mind to perceive a certain reality in the markets.

The swing traders (Pabst, B1S2) don't see what the scalpers (vol_00, VST_Scalper - oh yeah, didn't mention him, did we) see, and the reality of the intra-day position players (anekedoten, austinp) isn't one that they focus on.

Just a heads' up. :)

#17     Apr 21, 2008
  8. Several weeks ago I asked a similar question. After intense research and countless hours I have to say you can't go wrong reading the "serious" posts of the following users.

These are the ones that truly helped my trading.

(In alphabetical order)

Anekdoten
    Buy1Sell2
    DbPhoenix
    Dustin
    StealthTrader

And I take this post as an opportunity to thank them accordingly.

Susana

#18     Apr 21, 2008
  9. Drew07

Drew07

Wouldn't it be funny if all of these people who we think of as being knowledgable and wise about trading were complete hacks and couldn't trade their way out of a wet paper bag. I demand to see some brokerage statements before I go on name-dropping and praising others around here...who's with me? :p

#19     Apr 21, 2008
  10. I wouldn't vote for myself (thanks for that though). I'm more the happy satisfied trader but I haven't said much about what I do here.

Lots of good names mentioned who clearly know there stuff (you can tell after a bit). Much of their stuff is just the wisdom you can see in their comments so if you're looking for actionable material you need to go deeper.

For usable info you need to follow someone like Anekdoten who had a good thread here. dbPhoenix's stuff is good although he did a lot more at trade2win where you can also find some good educational stuff by trader_dante and also captain_currency.

#20     Apr 21, 2008