Who are the Republicans grooming for a 2012 run?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Well hell, there may be hope for us yet.:D

#21     Jul 7, 2010
  2. wjk

wjk

3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

He will be 78 when he takes office if he wins. No one will elect someone that old. Look at the crap McCain caught for his own age.

#23     Jul 7, 2010
  4. The Repubs are looking past 12 to 16. Whomever they put up is going to be Dole'd.

Now 2016, there are some really interesting prospects, including Representative Paul Ryan from Wisconsin (the only guy on the Right in Congress who actually makes any sense when he speaks) and Gov Chris Christie from NJ if the locals don't do him in before then.

#24     Jul 7, 2010
  5. reg

reg

One name for you to chew on: Alvin Greene!

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alvin Greene announces 'action' for job creation
    Originally printed at http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/loca...nounces-action-for-job-creation-97978494.html

NBC NEWS - A candidate for U.S. Senate is toying with an idea for creating jobs in his state.

Alvin Greene was the surprise winner of the Democratic primary in South Carolina.

Now, the 32-year-old veteran has come out with a novel idea about how to create jobs.

He told the British publication "The Guardian" that one thing that could be done "is to make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls."

Greene faces incumbent Senator Jim DeMint in November.

#25     Jul 7, 2010
  6. I know! By all accounts, you'd think he was a Republican. Life can be funny sometimes.

#26     Jul 7, 2010
  7. wjk

wjk

DeMint must be smiling. Any of you lefties think he engineered the Greene win? Come on, you're thinking it.

#27     Jul 7, 2010
  8. Who is then the closest to Ron Paul in terms of ideas.

I want to vote for someone who is going to pull our soldiers out of the world and stop being the worlds police. We have problems of our own to deal with.

#28     Jul 8, 2010
  9. Some republican engineered it but DeMint might not be smiling after the election and I will be LMAO.

#29     Jul 8, 2010