Who are the real Traders here.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fearless9, Apr 22, 2008.

1. What about a person who makes consistent money using automated systems? I only rarely click the "Buy" or "Sell" button myself.

I trade the heck out of stocks, futs and ops, but I'm not sure I'd call myself a trader.

But then maybe I have just systemized what I've learned over the years because, of course, I am the logic behind the systems :confused:

#21     Apr 22, 2008
  2. The sad irony of it is this: you can only really succeed in trading when you don't give a damn about the monetary rewards at all. By the time you start putting on those big trades and taking points you never used to imagine possible (CME anyone today?), it will all be very anticlimactic. The drama is left for those that struggle on their way to this state.

#22     Apr 22, 2008
  3. Perhaps this is true for you, but not for everyone.

There is the joy of interacting with and being intune/inflow with the market.

There is the personal sense of accomplishment derived from having climbed your own personal mountain.

There is the thrill of holding the tiger by the tail, knowing that it can always turn on you (do not ever become complacement).

There is the light of greed.

#23     Apr 23, 2008
  4. The achievement of long goals are often anti climatic. They leave a space that was once filled with the struggle and it is important to fill that void with what you want before it fills itself.

I do give a damn about the money so obviously there is still a long way to go.

regards
    f9

#24     Apr 23, 2008
  5. What is it with some of you so called "successful" traders? Your hatred towards someone who is sharing his knowledge and experience on a FREE internet forum is quite odd.

#25     Apr 23, 2008

6. That has to be one of the most profound statements ever made on this forum. Well done.

st

#26     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Newton was an amateur historian. Einstein played the violin. Franklin Roosevent was a sailor. Galileo played the lute. Sir Walter Scott was an axeman. Therefore Hypostomus is a trader, even though he doesn't make much money at it. bA trader TRADES. Skillfully. That's all there is to it. The money is just a way of keeping score.

#27     Apr 25, 2008
  8. Hey!

You're making way too much sense here, what's wrong with you? :p

That's not what a trader is according to Elite Poseurs like st, LOL I've never seen the ass clown make one call or post one blotter, but he is the knowall and beall and endall of trading on this site.

Jeez, where's Puretick? :eek:

#28     Apr 25, 2008

9. If your drivel isn't isn't a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black, then the moon is indeed made of green cheese.

Now, do tell, how is my exposing you for the lying hypocrite you keep showing yourself to be equate into my being a "knowall and endall of trading"? Or were you simply looking at yourself in the mirror when you hammered out that hilarious priceless classic piece of worthless poppycock on your mommy's e-machines keyboard? What say you, ASS clown???????

st

P.S. Were you ever a member of puretick? You do seem to have them on your feeble mind a lot. Or couldn't you come up with the $10 entrance fee?

In edit: Does little rerun want a cracker..............squaaaaawk!!!!

#29     Apr 25, 2008

10. My point was, and is, just because someone is taking flight instruction in a Cessna at the local FBO, it doesn't automatically give them the title of Airline Pilot. ET is full of $500 pikers who think trading a paper account miraculously makes them a trader per say. This board is full of posers claiming to have just started out trading futures 3 months ago and then became profitable in six weeks. It's nothing more than delusional bull$hit.

You aren’t a bona fide medical doctor until you spend the time learning the trade, become degreed, demonstrate proficiency and passed the exams/residency. Only then do you deserve the title.

The term “trader’ is used way too generously.

Regards,

st

#30     Apr 25, 2008