Who are DTTW (Day Trade The World)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Aaron Scolfild, Mar 27, 2016.

1. if that isnt an orientation, there would be no long run to matter

#11     Oct 4, 2017
  2. Truth_

Truth_

I found that to be a very unusual criteria and made me wonder if there was involvement with the Ontario Securities Commission.

Ahhhhhh ..... it is indeed the key that unlocked the door to online searches.

---
    This is the Ontario Securities Commission allegations against Swift Trade and its principle Peter Beck.

http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/Proceedings_soa_20110323_beckp.htm

(please note; since I am naming an individual, this is not a link to a random allegation from an internet forum, but a document from a governmental authority, I make no comment for or against the individual)
    ---
    This is a Settlement Agreement between Swift Trade, Peter Beck and the Ontario Securities Commission.

https://www.osc.gov.on.ca/documents/en/Proceedings-SET/set_20090721_swift-trade.pdf
    (please note; since I am naming an individual, this is not a link to a random allegation from an internet forum, but a document from a governmental authority, I make no comment for or against the individual)
    ---
    This is a statement from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK, regarding a Court of Appeal Decision regarding Swift Trade and Peter Beck.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/statements/statement-regarding-swift-trade-court-appeal-judgment
    ---
    This is a link to a news article purporting that Swift Trade and Peter Beck have been barred in the United States for FINRA violations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-regulator-bars-toronto-based-swift-trade-founder-1.1298475

I shall stop there. There is much more available from creditable sources.

Now the problem I see is that I do not see an direct connection with Day Trade The World other than what Arna said in post #2 and I have no inclination to dig further.

#12     Oct 4, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  3. The daytrading brokerage industry was indicted by regulators due to their "innovative" business models, I didn't see anything particular wrong with Swift except it was too entrepreneurial in some way. DTTW has an arcade model, which people don't like, but don't need to be negative.

#13     Oct 4, 2017
  4. Truth_

Truth_

A final comment.

The website for Day Trade The World does not appear to give the full name or contact information of a single person, corporation, or any legal entity.

The website domain was registered with GoDaddy through an anonymous service.

Despite the website using the TM symbol for a trademark of "Day Trade The World", that phrase is not trademarked in either Canada or the United States.

There does not appear to be a company registered with the name "Day Trade the World". So I am left to assume that there is an unknown numbered company that is the front, that would be the counter-party to any contract you sign. The jurisdiction and particulars of that corporation are not known.

Typically a business owner is proud to be associated with his or her company.

#14     Oct 4, 2017
    777, zdreg, Sig and 2 others like this.
  5. Swift and DTTW are the same place.

#15     Oct 4, 2017
  6. traderjo

traderjo

VR, Technically/ legally that may not be the case. but the points raised by Truth are absolutely important as I said something does not gel!

#16     Oct 4, 2017
  7. zdreg

zdreg

.0003 sounds like entropy. do you mean .003?

#17     Nov 16, 2017
  8. zdreg

zdreg

exactly. no street address.

#18     Nov 16, 2017
  9. zdreg

zdreg

"but don't need to be negative."
    can you show that they are a legitimate firm?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    #19     Nov 16, 2017
  10. I have been following them since the start. AFAIK they are a, relative to this business, honest firm.

#20     Nov 17, 2017