Who Am I Now Friends With? Part II

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Illini Trader, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Good for you! Those 3 are what I trade on a daily basis. I have slowed down on my trades. Not as many as you these days.

I monitor only 5 stocks/ETF. Those 3 you mentioned, plus RIMM (don't know why I still keep watching this dog), and SPY - that's my center piece for benchmarking. I have these 5 stocks/ETF side-by-side with SPY at the center. I can spot relative strength easier. If SPY moves up and AAPL is sluggish, time to short it when SPY tops out and reverses. Likewise if SPY slams down but AMZN barely moves, time to long it when SPY bottoms.

It takes a while to know who-is-who. ET has so many participants. Don't let the "joined date" and the number of posts fool you. Some characters may have posted >10000 posts. But most are trash talks. No one is going to help you rank them. Form your own impression.

#11     Sep 9, 2010
  2. Redneck

Redneck

May as well add a dumbass redneck to your list

As to a reason to stick around – ask your self that one Sir (but as you’re a trader I suspect you already know why you’re here and if you’ll stick around – doesn’t pay to let others sway your intentions now – does it….)

Welcome

RN

#12     Sep 9, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Hey, thanks! The Marine Corps is the best dysfunctional family in the World! I miss it, but not all of the deployments. Guess I'M too old for that now. Lol

And as far as your Friends around you. You tell them you daytrade, swing, position, etc., and most will look at you like a deer in the headlights. Mine look at me and say, "how do you gamble like this all day?" I just laugh a little, and talk about something else, as they will never understand. "Gambling..." Lol!

There are serious people here. Just gotta hang around and read what they are doing. Welcome to ET. It too is a dysfunctional family, but much can be learned if you look in the right places.

#13     Sep 9, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Well said!

#14     Sep 9, 2010
  5. You are a Fund Manager.

#15     Sep 9, 2010
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, I agree. I have a friend who trades Fx only. He tells people he is a private fund manager. I like that response!

#16     Sep 9, 2010
  7. Independent traders are ALL private fund managers. :)

#17     Sep 9, 2010
  8. exactly, but there's some poor private fund managers LOL

#18     Sep 9, 2010

9. The phantom piddler strikes again!!! :)

A 65-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the man said , "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that Doc?"

Doc considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story. I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry, he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun.

As he neared a lake , he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature. Out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went bang, bang.

Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that, asked the doctor?

The 65-year-old said, "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver.

The doctor replied, "My point exactly"

------------------------------------

(note: given the op's frail condition, 6 our fathers and 6 hail marys have been fired off to saint Peter]

#19     Sep 10, 2010
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

Dear IT,

Redneck is truly an R.N. for sick traders.

Arthur is a card-carrying MENSA member.

I am ET's resident Mom.

db is responsible for me having to clean up my workspace frequently if I'm in mid-swill when I read his replies to my posts.

Good times,

NoD

#20     Sep 11, 2010