White Preservationists?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I don't think you have a grasp of the real world on this one....

The "appearance" of impropriety for a prosecutor, the "appearance" of being a white supremacist is enough to cripple his ability to win cases.

I am sure the defense attorney's are wishing that he didn't get fired.....

The UNCF is not a black supremacist organization, they are seeking equality for blacks.

A far cry from "white supremacy."

You can focus on me, but you are not taking issue with the fact that the DA's office fired him.....not me.

Think they would fire him, if they didn't think they could win an unlawful termination case?

#11     Mar 4, 2006
  2. People, corporations and governments engage in all sorts of behavior, which in the end, results in a court of law making a determination of improper conduct. Many 'thought' they would prevail in any litigation. "Thinking" one can win a lawsuit doesn't make it so. As I said in my first post on the matter, Ms. thompson failed to provide significant details. As a result, speculation abounds as to the actual reasons for termination. Attempting to disguise speculation as fact, however, appears disingenuous at best.

- Spydertrader

#12     Mar 4, 2006
  3. Ms. Thompson didn't fire the prosecutor, she reported the news of it. Her words are not what cost him his job. Ms. Thompson didn't fail to do anything that I can see.

You can hold to the belief that the prosecutor was wrongfully terminated, .....but I doubt it.

Is it possible that the DA's office thinks they wrongfully terminated the prosecutor, but is willing to roll the dice?

Sure...but I doubt it.

Think they will get a jury of 12 white folks to make a ruling if a wrongful termination lawsuit goes to trial?

#13     Mar 4, 2006
  4. jem

jem

Even though I am an attorney, this is just speculation. I think zzz is right about the prosecutors need to fire the guy. They could not let themselves be painted as a rascist office.

I also suspect they would threfore fire the guy regardless of whether they thought his wrongful termination suit had merit.

Perhaps they like the guy, hope he wins and are ordered to reinstate him or pay him good money. That would be fine with them, because it is taxpayer's money anyway and they avoid being called racists for keeping him on.

#14     Mar 4, 2006
  5. Sure, your theory is possible.

I don't know if they would want him reinstated though. Public opinion rarely changes with the consequences of a wrongful termination lawsuit having to do with possible racism.

This prosecutor's beliefs would probably forever be put on trial were he prosecuting a black man, yellow man, etc.

Personally, I think the prosecutor will be flooded with job offers from white wing law firms, or organizations that support white supremacist efforts.

Depending on how he ends up, the argument might be that his efforts actually boosted his income and career, going from public servant to practicing law in the private sector.

In addition....he was only part time.

#15     Mar 4, 2006
  6. What is wrong with wishing to preserve whiteness? Every single other race on earth thinks of itself in terms of race and what is best for it. Why is it such a crime if whites do it? Clearly no other race faces the pressures that the white race does. Wishing to address those pressures is eminently sensible.

#16     Mar 6, 2006
  7. "yes I'm a right wing extremist, racist, bigot, xenophobe etc"

Concur....

#17     Mar 6, 2006
  8. The ACLU what a joke. IF the ACLU stood for what it said then they would have defended Matt Hale.

ACLU is nothing more than a bunch of cowards and liars.

#18     Mar 6, 2006
  9. Brilliant legal argument....

#19     Mar 6, 2006
  10. Why would their be a legal argument?

The ACLU defends people it deems worthy, not against injustice which is why they should have their funding yanked and thus, a joke.

#20     Mar 6, 2006