White Preservationists?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Prosecutor Fired for Supremacist Meeting

By CAROLYN THOMPSON, Associated Press WriterThu Mar 2, 7:06 PM ET

A part-time prosecutor was fired Thursday after he attended a conference sponsored by a white supremacist group.

Michael Regan was dismissed after officials learned he had attended a meeting of the New Century Foundation last week in northern Virginia.

Allegany County District Attorney Terrence Parker said Regan's "recent activities will continue to significantly disrupt and impair his effectiveness as an assistant district attorney and the operations of the entire district attorney's office."

Regan did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

He was quoted in Saturday's Washington Post as calling participants at the conference "white preservationists" and saying U.S. policies on immigration, trade and demographics have put the country on the wrong path. He also referred to European Christian Americans as "an endangered species."

"Those kinds of comments are absolutely inappropriate for a public official," said Joel Levy, regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, which characterizes the foundation's ideology as "intellectualized, pseudoscientific white supremacy."

Regan has also been a part-time instructor at the Alfred University College of Business since 2003. University President Charles Edmonson said his future there would be determined "by our needs and his capabilities."

2. I suspect Ms. Thompson omitted several pertinent facts from her article.

- Spydertrader

3. Does the man have the right to attend a white racist Nazi style supremicist rally?

Yes, of course. The constitution guarantees it.

Does he have the ability to leave his racist attitudes at that meeting and not let them carry over into the workplace?

His employers didn't think so.

I suggest you call the ACLU if you are outraged, and ask them to look into it.

See, a man who is an employee of the state doesn't have the same employment rights necessarily as someone working at GM.

The issue is whether or not as a prosecutor, he is going to prosecute whites with the same vigor as blacks, especially if the crimes were against blacks or hate crimes, or if he might hide evidence that would exonerate blacks, etc.

As a purely practical matter, a good defense counselor could easily demonstrate racial bias in a case where he was defending a black man, where there was even a chance of it, by pointing to a racist D.A. or prosecutor, thus generating a suspicion of the jury that is enough to get the defendant off.

Let's see if the prosecutor files for wrongful termination. I am sure there are many who would donate to his defense fund.

4. Where do you derive the arrogance to presume to know what others THINK? ROFLMAO. You make assumptions and treat them as facts. Hilarious. Please show me where the article says ANYTHING about blacks?

Some might say the issue has to do with his rights to peaceably assemble.

- Spydertrader

5. Where do you derive the arrogance to presume to know what others THINK? ROFLMAO. You make assumptions and treat them as facts. Hilarious. Please show me where the article says ANYTHING about blacks?

Speculation and speculative thinking doesn't require arrogance, it just requires the ability to think critically, based on reason and common sense.

Why not ask kjkent1 or jem, the resident attorneys what they think on the subject?

The article doesn't have to say anything about blacks, the fact that the man attends white surpemecists meetings says all anyone needs to know about his position on racism.

Were a man to attend a KKK rally, would the need be there to mention blacks?

Not hardly.....

No doubt his boss had a chance to interview him before firing, maybe the prosecutor was just doing "research" on white supremecacy for a case.....sure he was.

Some might say the issue has to do with his rights to peaceably assemble.

- Spydertrader

Some might say that, as one, you are some.....

6. But the prosecutor didn't didn't attend a KKK Rally did he? Nor, did he attend a White Supremacist rally. According to our own article, Ms. Thompson referred to the group as White Preservationists. No mention of the groups philosophy towards other races is mentioned. You have no proof the group in question preaches racist attitudes or not. Furthermore, you have no idea how the termination proceedings occurred. You simply make sh*t up as you go along and later claim your conclusions intuitive. Hilarious.

- Spydertrader

7. By this logic any prosecutor who belongs to the NAACP should also be fired.

There is a difficult constitutional line between the First Amendment rights of public employees and their job responsibilities. I'd have a problem with a prosecutor belonging to NAMBLA or one of the environmentalist terror groups. Those groups advocate breaking the law however. If a prosecutor is making public statements that contravene official policy, that could also be ground for termination. Merely belonging to an un-PC group seems dubious however.

8. What about a "white supremecist group" don't you understand.....

From the article:

Prosecutor Fired for Supremacist Meeting

By CAROLYN THOMPSON, Associated Press WriterThu Mar 2, 7:06 PM ET

A part-time prosecutor was fired Thursday after he attended a conference sponsored by a white supremacist group.

and

"Those kinds of comments are absolutely inappropriate for a public official," said Joel Levy, regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, which characterizes the foundation's ideology as "intellectualized, pseudoscientific white supremacy."

p.s. I don't know if he did or did not attend a KKK meeting, though it would not surprise me.....

p.p.s. Must be a bitch to go through life without intuition....

9. NAACP does not promote black supremecy, rather sees equality.

Now, if a prosecutor was a member of the Black Panthers, I think he probably would be fired....

10. I see. A woman who didn't attend the meeting, but used as her source another newspaper article about the meeting, a University employee who also didn't attend the meeting, but refers to the type of speech usually said at these meetings, and lonely internet chat poster call it a, "white supremacist group." Therefore, we certainly must take the word of these people over the word of the prosecutor who actually is a member of the group which calls itself, white "preservationists."

Hilarious.

By your logic, would a black prosecutor who attends fundraisers for, and donates to, the United Negro College Fund (which provides operating support to 39 member historically black colleges and universities) find himself unable to effectively prosecute blacks?

- Spydertrader

#10     Mar 4, 2006