White Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Interesting, but neither the first nor the second red hollow candle on the GE chart fits the description:

But thanks anyway...

#51     Oct 12, 2008
  2. JP morgan is what will move the market. If something isn't done and they go the way of lehman watch out below, a few thousand points below. Those guys have a whole pile of bad stuff hiding in their closet.

#52     Oct 12, 2008
  3. Specterx

Specterx

Aussie market gapped up, rangebound and moving lower now but without conviction. Looks like the gap will be filled soon. If I didn't have a dinner appt I'd be looking to get long around then...

#53     Oct 12, 2008
  4. Bootsie

Bootsie

I couldn't agree more... and to take it a step further, I think the large banks are threatened by the uncertainty of insolvency. A relatively extreme request to increase margin across the board and a deadline to meet those requests is going to have a similar impact in all sectors; we all know how diverse some of the holdings can be. This is why you see some completely unrelated sectors all down (or up throughout the day) by the same percentage at the same time.

Well said and thought out.

B

#54     Oct 12, 2008

5. :D

can you post a direct link to this commentary.

thanks, surf

#55     Oct 12, 2008
  6. Mvic

Mvic

If this is true then the banks have played everyone. They caused the crash that forced the government(s) to bail them out. They hold all the cards, this was their trump card, their ace in the hole. Flytrader, I hope you read this, Arab financial terrorism my arse. I hope they all get nationalized (maybe this is why, despite the intense lobbying by the banks against it, Paulson seems as though he is going to buy in to them, maybe he doesn't like that he got played too) and all their CEOs get the boot.

Glad I am not one of these bank executives. They have fucked with some ruthless people with massive resources.

#56     Oct 12, 2008
  7. [​IMG]

#57     Oct 12, 2008
  8. This is a joke, right?

#58     Oct 12, 2008
  9. you are right, they stockcharts messed up with GE example. Random.Capital's definition is correct.

#59     Oct 12, 2008
  10. [​IMG]

#60     Oct 12, 2008