White House Threatens 'EXECUTIVE ORDERS' ON GUNS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jan 9, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

I would submit that for a large part or them their loyalty is with whoever writes their paycheck. You can say it's us, the taxpayers, but I don't know if I can agree with that anymore since I believe that politicians no longer (if ever) believe that they work for us. They think it's their money they take from us, and they think we vote them in to dictate to us rather than represent us. Especially the left. They are practically foaming at the mouth about this gun grab.

That said, a fair number of people in those positions might still care about the constitution…if they were ever taught about it.

#11     Jan 9, 2013
  2. =======================
    I see your point:cool:

Too bad for the exec branch;Bill & Hill Clinton dont like him/High taxes..........
    House of Reps can start impeach proceedings @anytime:D Stay tined,LOL

#12     Jan 9, 2013
  3. We had a gun meeting in Tucson yestrerday. It was cool to have it on the massacre anniversary.

In a big open area the police kept the two sides apart.

On one side you could sell your gun to the police for a 50 gift certificate to the food store where our politicians and supporters were gunned down two years ago.

On the other side were private and professional gun buyers.

The event lasted three hours and if you sold you gun to the police you were ID'ed and a record was made regarding the gun you sold.
    (Post crime solving)
    On the other side no record keeping was done.

Tucson is a major hub for drug smuggling.

Anyway. 2040 guns changed hands. 10,000 dollars of gift certificates on one side and 40 guns sold for who knows what on the other side.

Anyone selling a gun who approached the gunbuyers had to be protected because of the mobbing by buyers. of the seller. The highest ranking politoco was an ex state senator who was a buyer.

So we have 1960 fewer guns floating loose in a popular town for doing politically based massacres and drug running.

When a border guard gets shot here the killer gets away unless another border guard shot him by mistake. Then we take it to court and put the border guard in prison for a while.

We do not have an alamo yet but we are building a fence that high powered hot vehicles just mow down as they head north.

One guy who got lost recently had 25,000 rounds in his pickup. He crossed the border three times by mistake. He missed the fenced part unfortunately. He couldn't explain where he was taking the rounds which were all neatly boxed up.

It is about even/stephen on roll overs. Pickups have about 20 vicitims each and border vehicles aways have just two. Tires fall off on turns for some reason.

My V-12 fuel injected BMW has high speed tires (125mph plus) and I do not have to wait for a shipment ever. I can burn rubbber accelerating @ 100mph. Tucson is a great place to rumble. Liz packs a 38 revolver. Her mom gave it to her. Cafe booths are all scarred where hostered guns banged the wood as macho's slide into their seats for black coffee.

We do not wear our spurs upside down like in the first Marlboro add on South Pass in Wyoming (brooklyn model)..... lol They found the guy with the anchor tattoo after the shoot at Svelers in Hudson. We kept our twin in Riverton I loved coming up from denver in the late night. Cherry red manifolds to get over the corner.

Cattle are not afraid of guns and they now use night goggles like the antelope do. One of my sales reps wives could knock one off a full speed at 350 yards. And her mom often got the points award on elk.

Once my sidearm jammed so I had to speak with a grizzly for 25 minutes along a trail in the Yukon. We fixed it latr and emptied it to get another grizzly to back off so we could get our trail crew to a trailhead. four pages of paperwork on e ach fun incident. I prefer bangers two to one over whistlers but the whistlers leave a neater trail.

I lost track of how many died on my gurney from gunshot wounds. 45's seem to work best for not surviving. A 22 can make a whole lap inside a skull and the guy only be a vegetable (very strong and hard to tie down).

Go see Argo. A colleague of mine was mistaken for me at gunpoint once (Doltham, AL). ID's didn't work but he finally told the guys to think about the pictures of me they were going by. Saved his life and his gf's, too. I changed rooms when I got there. .... lol ....

Guns..... lol

#13     Jan 9, 2013
  4. jem

jem

Obama's threat motivated me to go back to my nearby sporting goods store. There was a line 3 deep.

I bought my first gun for the second time today.
    I did not pick it up on time so I had to buy it again.
    I am a little bit iffy about owning a gun since I have young kids.
    If Obama had not made the threat of an unconstitutional executive order I might have just accepted the refund.

I bought it last june.
    It was 20 percent more today.
    Luckily they gave me the old price.

Its weird when exercising your constitutional rights feels like and act of civil disobedience.

#14     Jan 9, 2013
  5. wjk

wjk

Rep. Duncan on U.S. Gun Rights: ‘We Live In a Republic, Not a Dictatorship’

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-duncan-us-gun-rights-we-live-republic-not-dictatorship

...We live in a republic, not a dictatorship,” Duncan said.

“The Founding Fathers never envisioned executive orders being used to restrict our constitutional rights.”

He added: “The president should not be able to act unilaterally when it comes to our constitutional rights. Executive orders were meant as a way for the president to implement legislatively passed laws, not to make law.”

...“There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet,” Biden told reporters on Wednesday. “But we’re compiling it all with the help of the Attorney General and all the rest of the cabinet members – as well as legislative action we believe is required.”

Duncan promised to fight against any effort at what he views as an undermining of Second Amendment rights.

“I will use every means at my disposal to combat the agenda of the Executive branch to undermine our Second Amendment rights,” Duncan said. “I will also fight any legislative action that is taken to implement more gun control.”

Now if the rest of them will join you...

#15     Jan 9, 2013
  6. Once they start destroying constitutional rights using executive orders...its full blown dictatorship.

What the states should do is to pass legislation to end all cooperation with the ATF and the federal govt regarding gun issues. Just pure and straightforward disobedience. The states that still believe in the constitution should disconnect from the NICS (background check) system.

The federal govt gets its authority to regulate guns thru the interstate commerce clause. Where would the president get the authority to force people within a state to register their firearms? Since he obviously does not care about the Bill of Rights or limits on the Commerce Clause, then why should the states recognize his executive order?

#16     Jan 9, 2013
  7. Obviously, they consider it a risk worth taking. Welcome to USSA. When Pravda (Russia) starts warning American citizens not to give up their gun rights, it is already twilight for this once great nation.

#17     Jan 9, 2013
  8. Wouldn't it be something that a mental defect (the school shooter) becomes the catalyst to change the course of America - executive order, gun control?

The lowly amoeba brings down the collective genius of the founding fathers.

What are we - fools?

#18     Jan 9, 2013
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

My sense this evening is that the Obama regime has kicked open a hornet's nest and by the end of the week they'll be taking refuge in the swimming pool, coming up for air periodically and wondering what the hell happened. :D

#19     Jan 9, 2013
  10. And cowards.

#20     Jan 9, 2013