White House Says "Birthers" Aren't Rational

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Gibbs is such an idiot. If there were a birth certificate in Hawaii for Obama he would have produced it by now. The comments below the video are great.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/...ays_ef25f6e6-0d60-4f79-89bc-dfc5b86c0b3a.html

Basically, Gibbs says you can tell by listening to Obama speak that he was born in the U.S.A. Well, my wife speaks better American English that Obama or myself and she was born in the Philippines.

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm not a birther.

I suspect he was born in Hawaii. What I don't understand is why the adminstration does not put it all to rest.

Supposing I was president I would just show them my birth certificate as there isn't anything particularly sensitive on a birth certificate aside from parents names, their citizenship and age etc.

Any decent PR firm would have just snuffed this with the real birth certificate. I wonder what the problem is.

3. Every Hawaiian official who has dealt with this is satisfied he was born in Hawaii.
    Regardless of what you or any legislative chucklehead comes up with in any state Legislature, the Constitution mandates that the other 49 states must recognize Hawaii's certification. Kinda like nullification: it's one nation, not 50 loosely allied sovereigns, like that mess over in Europe. Don't like it? Tough.
    Every judge before whom this case has come up has either refused to consider it, or thrown it out as being a waste of time.
    So yes, you guys are nuts. Nuts to think any state can withhold eligibility from Obama in 2012, nuts to think he wasn't born there, and nuts to bring this steaming crapload up over and over.
    You're not an official of Hawaii and you're not a judge. Those who's job it is to deal with this have dealt with this, over and over and over again.
    But I can see why this is coming up again. The approval ratings are all positive, even on the Rasmussen and Fox polls.
    Seems we're back to grasping at straws. Grasp away.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Judging from your post I guess this is a constant source of irritation for many democrats. Like I said, releasing the birth certificate would simply end the issue. It makes a person wonder what the particular problem is that they cannot or will not release the document.

Is it a privacy issue? Are you basically saying that he should not have to release his birth certificate because he is not legally obligated to do so? There is some legitimacy to that arguement. If state officials certify his legal birth (and they do) and that is all that is legally required I suppose I could see why they are fighting, it is a privacy issue. But is it worth all the uncertainty?

The real problem may be that his father is not who they have been saying he is. Its someone else who has been mentioned as a "mentor" and a known marxist-leftist which doesn't fit in with "The Dreams of my Father".

5. The one nation is a concept the birthers resist.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Oh here comes optionboy with his wide paintbrush to declare us all to be "birthers". What an unoriginal dolt.

7. TGregg

TGregg

Pfft. If it was important that a birth certificate be found and it was not there, it would be there and would always have been there - know what I mean? And if one wasn't enough, they'd make dozens. There'd be people ready to fall on their sword if a forgery were discovered. Anybody with a typewriter could pull off a reasonable forgery. You can bet that the resources behind POTUS would be able to crank out one without a problem. This isn't some crazed libtard with MS Word and a Kinko's nearby.

And I don't care which party it is. Neither republicans nor democrats are going to let their president be washed down the drain because some 50 year old document wasn't handy.

It's pretty funny to see wide-eyed conspiracy theorists who suppose some super complex operation run by a great many uber genuises that is still at the same exact time, flaiming stupid and lazy. While not quite as bad, it still draws comparison to the libtards that were dead sure that Bush `43 was an utter idiot who also succefully masterminded the greatest conspiracy of all time, namely 9/11.

8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The man can not or will not simply show his birth certificate?

Its Nixonian. Who would hold back something so simple?

There must be a *problem*. What could it be?

Manufactured biographies have a way of unravelling.

9. pspr

pspr

Actually, his approval rating took a little bounce with liberals after the shooting but overall he has been and continues to sink in the polls with independents and conservatives because he is an idiot on the wrong course.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143921/obama-approval-rating-new-low-recent-quarter.aspx

No one in Hawaii has identifed the hospital long form birth certificate as 'on file'. Actually the only ones who claim to have looked are the former and current Governors. They only refer to notes that are in the record, not the long form hospital birth certificate. These notes could have been entered by his grandparents trying to insure he would receive the benefits of U.S. citizenship.

I don't know what is in Hawaii's records and neither do you. Obama seems to think something recorded either will incriminate him in some way or there is no long form birth certificate on file. Otherwise, he would produce it and put to rest all of the speculation.

Texas and some other states are going to require proof that he was born in the U.S. before he can get on the ballot 1in 2012 so we shall see what happens.

10. Let's hope they follow through...

#10     Jan 24, 2011