White House Nut Dares SCOTUS To Strike Down ObamaCare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Didn't have the votes in Congress,I think you know that

#11     Apr 2, 2012
  2. JamesL

JamesL

If they strike down the mandate because it is unconstitutional, that's not judicial activism, that's just upholding the Constitution.

If they strike down the entire law because of the mandate, then that can be argued as activism, imo.
    I think the mandate and the subsequent tax/penalty for not getting insurance was a back door way of getting that single payer system. Play the role of a small business owner or self-insured - it's cheaper to pay the tax then pay the insurance and more and more will opt for they tax hit.

#12     Apr 2, 2012
  3. jem

jem

I know that was the situation at the time. But, he had the bully pulpit. He could have gone to the people... he could have done it better. Compromising for this crap we haunt his legacy forever.

#13     Apr 2, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Was the CA Supreme court guilty of activism when it struck down the anti gay marriage law or not... leftists?

Shall we revisit Rowe v. Wade.

is it all spin now.
    does credibility count for anything on the left?

#14     Apr 2, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

I think one of Obama's appointees leaked the Friday SCOTUS vote to Obama. That would explain his threatening remarks today.

If that's what happened, the other justices have a right to be even more pissed.

#15     Apr 2, 2012