"White House May Sue Arizona Over Immigration Bill"...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, May 9, 2010.

1. Wallet

Wallet

What? you just want to cry and yell about the past, because Bush didn't do any thing that doesn't make it right. Most conservatives I know were yelling to close the boarder then, specially in light of 9/11, but they didn't do it then.... so I should just let the wrong continue?

The color of the Presidents skin has nothing to do with the discussion, why to you want to throw that race card into the mix, shame on you...... this isn't about race, it's about people entering this country illegally and the negative consequences associated.

#31     May 9, 2010
  2. "If you aren't an Obama fan you're a racist!!!

Since you are not an Obama fan, I guess you just confessed to being a racist...

#32     May 9, 2010
  3. Wallet

Wallet

That's right, bitch and complain about everything except the non-action of the government to address the problem.

#33     May 9, 2010
  4. Not crying about the past, just watching the klannish cry about the present which is no different than the past...except for the fact that the dems are in power and we have a black president...

#34     May 9, 2010
  5. I'm glad we have a black president,

I hope the next ones Hispanic.

Then I hope we get a one armed albino lesbian octopus for President. Hopefully with Dr Phil for vice president.

#35     May 9, 2010
  6. Umm, actually it's the dem whitehouse crying because arizona is NOT under their control...

#36     May 9, 2010
  7. Yeah man, isn't this race obsession by the left really strange?? Especially from people like optional who throw racial slurs at the few black members we have here on ET, of course that's after making countless disparaging remarks about jews, and using racist terminology against whites.

#37     May 9, 2010
  8. Illum

Illum

Nah. First off both parties want immigration, that couldn't be clearer. But I don't think it is because a black man is in the whitehouse that the reaction is coming now. You are in a ton of political threads so I'm sure you read this back when Obama had already won the election but did not take office yet... I read numerous articles about a complete breakdown of law in Mexico and Obama would have a serious crisis at the boarder on his hands. Besides the terrible economy it was the biggest crisis. There has been marital law down there for awhile, In the US all along the boarder. I don't know how long, maybe before he took office. The crime in Texas and Arizona New Mexico, and Mexico itself is going wild.

Also the minutemen came out long before Bush left office. Nothing to due with parties, both want them to keep coming. And I think the state governments would have kept being quiet about it, if it wasn't for the anarchy going on. Some towns in those states are getting beyond help.

#38     May 9, 2010
  9. Attorney General Eric Holder says the Justice Department may sue Arizona over its new immigration law.
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Washington (CNN) -- Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday that the Justice Department was considering a federal lawsuit against Arizona's new immigration law.

"We are considering all of our options. One possibility is filing a lawsuit," Holder told NBC's "Meet the Press." Possible grounds for the lawsuit would be whether the Arizona law could lead to civil rights violations, he said.

The recently enacted Arizona law initially allowed police to ask anyone for proof of legal U.S. residency, based solely on a police officer's suspicion that the person might be in the country illegally. Arizona lawmakers soon amended the law so that officers could check a person's status only if the person had been stopped or arrested for another reason.

Hmmm, so I guess by that logic police officers shouldn't be able to ask whether or not a driver has been drinking based on their suspicion that the person is drunk. Police officers search people who have been arrested for other reasons for weapons and drugs, yet for some reason they shouldn't check for legal residency or visa expiration?

#39     May 9, 2010
  10. from same article:

Comprehensive immigration reform would include continuing government efforts to secure borders from illegal immigrants, as well as steps to crack down on businesses that employ them, Obama said at a Cinco de Mayo celebration at the White House.

In addition, he said, those living illegally in the United States would have to pay a penalty and any taxes they owe, learn English and "make themselves right with the law" before starting the process of gaining U.S. citizenship.

Obama had a "cinco de mayo" celebration at the white house?! LOL!!

#40     May 9, 2010