"White House Foresees 10 Percent Unemployment Before Year End"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Clubber Lang, Jul 3, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Wait until his poll numbers start dropping a bit and watch him get that dear in the headlights look that Bush was famous for. Plus he won't be doing those daily press conferences to let everyone know how great he is.

To see if the economy is turning, you have to look at the temp workers, whether or not there is an increase or decrease in their hiring. Temp workers lead regular, full employed workers because employers won't commit if they still have fear about the economy.

#11     Jul 3, 2009
  2. It was interesting what Hilary said about Obama (all we have, is a speech...")

#12     Jul 3, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Unfortunately, it also means another few trillion in brand new spending.

Eventually we won't be able to borrow any more. If we use all our seed corn to make Fritos, we'll soon be out of Fritos and corn.

#13     Jul 3, 2009
  4. Within 2 to 3 months max, I'd expect.

There is NOBODY creating any jobs worth having.

#14     Jul 3, 2009
  5. #15     Jul 3, 2009
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

looks like Tice is right if it is going to be 10% officially by the end of the year then it will easily be 15%.

#16     Jul 3, 2009
  7. Yes...you are flat out wrong. Do you people make shit up without actually doing research first? The "baseline" scenario said an AVERAGE unemployment rate of 8.8% through 2010.

The more adverse scenario had an AVERAGE unemployment rate of 10.3% in 2010. Now...if you also need a lesson in how statistics work. Average is a mean. Which means, that the unemployment rate could exceed 10.3% in 2010 but if it fell by the end of the year, you could still have an AVERAGE rate of 10.3% even with the peak exceeding it.

So...am I supposed to take anything of any substance or reality from posters here that can't even check their statistics before pulling numbers out of their ass? But yet these same people are insulting others and calling them fools? Hilarious.

#17     Jul 3, 2009
  8. I started the thread at 1:15 in the morning when I got home and checked my news services to see if anything had happened while I was away for the day.

You are obvious a miserable failure in life. You couldn't comprehend when I clearly wrote, "Correct me if I'm wrong but...".

That makes it pretty clear that I wasnt' 100% sure about the exact percentages.

You are a fucking douchebag. This is why longtime successful traders like myself rarely bother posting on this shit ass website anymore.

#18     Jul 3, 2009
  9. No...starting a thread with "correct me if I'm wrong"...and then proceeding to blow your smoke about how "right you are about everything"...and "all these fools have no clue what they are talking about" is classic. So, essentially you pull numbers out of your ass and then proceed to talk as if you have some great insight that those who designed the stress tests don't. Yeah...sure...let's believe some blow hard on ET that is so far off on his ass numbers and how he's going to tell us all how it is.

So who's the douchebag here? The dipshit that can't double check the facts in his own OP before going off and mystifying us all with his great knowledge.

#19     Jul 3, 2009
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

come on don't fall out over this. most of economics is subjective anyway. didn't keynes say 'in the end we're dead anyway'.

#20     Jul 3, 2009