White house causes terror scare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Louis Caldera is a direct Obama appointment. “Louis has served his country with distinction in uniform and in government, and his pedigree is second-to-none. I know he’ll bring to the White House the same dedication and integrity that have earned him the highest praise in every post, from Secretary of the Army to university president,” said President-elect Obama."

What the second-to-none pedigree and the resume leave out is that Louis Caldera was a director at IndyMac Bancorp and IndyMac Bank from May 13, 2002 until IndyMac failed and was taken over by the FDIC on July 11, 2008.

#11     Apr 28, 2009
  2. I'm sure the CEO's of AIG, LEH, MER, Indy Mac, Washington Mutual etc. had plenty of experience as well but I would not say that they were bright by any stretch.

If Bush had done this I can't even imagine the uproar.

Again, the teleprompter gets a pass.

#12     Apr 28, 2009
  3. achilles28

achilles28

A low flying, 747 buzzing Manhattan with a F-16 in chase ... LOL

#13     Apr 28, 2009
  4. I guess this is what you get when you elect a guy who has spent the better part of his career raising money for park swing sets and sandboxes.

The only thing he is qualified to do is say..

"Would you like fries with that sir?"

#14     Apr 28, 2009
  5. I agree. You have two options. You can tell people or not tell people.

What was the point of not telling people? The gov't didn't want to unnecessarily frighten people? The people on the ground might have interfered with the photo op? Frankly our gov't hasn't exhibited a sense of humor in the past, perhaps this is "change".

Actually, this brings to mind the question, what next?

#15     Apr 28, 2009
  6. Your post is stupidity.

You can bet that the White House wished it didn't have egg on its face, and to think otherwise is absurd. They immediately apologized and, admittedly, look foolish for what they have done. "PLANNED OP with an agenda?"" Get a clue.

Personally, I doubt that Obama himself knew about this in advance. It's not like he doesn't have enough on his plate to keep him occupied. Regardless, everyone agrees it was a bad idea, and the WH immediately took responsibility and apologized.

"PLANNED OP with an agenda?" Would you like a clue with that prefrontal cortex?

#16     Apr 28, 2009
  7. You are SOOOOOO far behind the power curve as to the realities of our world, I really don't want to waste my time with your type. :eek: NEXT! :cool:

#17     Apr 28, 2009
  8. Captain Aluminum has spoken.

#18     Apr 28, 2009
  9. Thanks so much for including this in your post, what would be do without Jonboy to let us know what the today's hot topics are...

TODAY'S HOT TOPICS
    JOHNNY DAMON
    PATTI SCIALFA
    THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY
    more topics
    NATASHA RICHARDSON
    VICTORIAS SECRET
    JACOBY ELLSBURY
    AMANI TOOMER
    MARK SANCHEZ
    JOSH LUCAS
    KELLY MONACO
    hide topics THIS WEEK'S HOT TOPICS
    VICTORIAS SECRET
    THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY
    PATTI SCIALFA
    more topics
    MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ
    SIMON COWELL
    NATASHA RICHARDSON
    MICHELLE OBAMA
    KELLAN LUTZ
    KELLY MONACO
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    hide topics Last updated: 5:03 pm
    April 27, 2009
    Posted: 3:33 pm
    April 27, 2009

#19     Apr 28, 2009
  10. So your problem is with Louis Caldera, the Director of the White House Military Office who made the "photo-op" decision, right?

#20     Apr 28, 2009