White House Can't Get Their Osama Killing Story Straight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 4, 2011.

1. Mnphats

Mnphats

Panties in a bunch? Still haven't answered the question I see. Tool bag.

#31     May 4, 2011
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Maybe because Tim Ossman (aka Bin Laden) died 10 years ago ?

#32     May 4, 2011
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

I answered your question, douchebag. You want to draw a comparison between torturing a captured suspect (somebody accused but not proven guilty) and shooting a proven mass murderer. Your bleeding heart for your hero Bin Laden is remarkable. By your logic, we should disarm all our policemen and military. Can't shoot somebody just because they're a proven terrorist, because evidently it makes right-wing douchebags cry. It would be astonishing if I wasn't already convinced that the typical American conservative is utterly devoid of moral and intellectual honesty.

#33     May 4, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

Now, they are saying there was no live feed during the raid. The feed was out for 20-25 minutes. I guess they were all staring at a blank sreen in the pic in the WH situation room. I'm beginning to think you can't believe anything coming out of the White House.

Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.html

#34     May 4, 2011
  5. Right wingers need to man up and admit that Obama pulled off what their boy Bush couldn't, or wouldn't. It's as simple as that! All this conspiracy crap and other non-sense has you looking like a bunch of damn fools. There are plenty of legit reasons to dislike Obama, but this ain't one of them.

#35     May 4, 2011
  6. #36     May 4, 2011
  7. I know this one !!
    It's a LIE !!!

#37     May 4, 2011
  8. Simmer down now...

The problem is that the lefts only interest is self congratulatory ceremonies that disregard all prior statements, beliefs, and campaign slogans for the political ratings that acting a conservative might gain them.

#38     May 4, 2011
  9. Which right wingers are criticizing Obama regarding the bin Laden kill operation? No one. There aren't any. In fact, everyone offered congratulations except for the 2% conspiracy nuts.

The criticism of Obama is only in regards to one thing: the post-operation communications. The White House made a huge mistake. They released details of the raid BEFORE they fully debriefed the special operators who actually carried out the mission. That takes less than 48 hours. Why couldn't they wait? They could have made a simple statement that they found bin Laden and killed him, and details will follow later.

Instead they now have themselves stuck in a cycle of explaining and re-explaining everything that happened. For example, first bin Laden was armed -- then he wasn't armed. Which is it? All they had to do was ask the guy who shot him. When people continually change key elements of their story, it raises suspicion and gives credibility to the conspiracy nuts. The White House could have avoided this problem by waiting until they had all the facts down solid before they started talking details.

I give Obama full credit for giving the kill order on bin Laden. But the post-operations communications has been a cluster-f*ck from beginning to end. On CNN I saw a report where a white house spokesman gave information that conflicted with what Leon Panetta had said just hours earlier.

This morning I spoke to friend of mine in Sweden who said, "the White House doesn't seem to know what happened." Is that the image we want to project around the world?

#39     May 4, 2011
  10. I think the conflicting comments from the WH are because someone came up with the afterthought of not having OBL go down fighting - and instead have a woman be his defender.

Now, that account may be true - or it may not be. We won't ever be told unless the SEAL who shot him speaks up.

But, I find the statement that he was not armed kind of odd - because the firefight had to take some time to reach him, in which case he would have at least heard it and armed himself - I doubt his own men were using silencers. And I have to make a wild assumption that he would have had weapons near him at all times, considering who he was...

So the "unarmed" part sounds a bit fishy to me.

I think they should just give the credit to the SEALs for closing the deal and leave it at that rather than "manage" the result.

#40     May 4, 2011