White House: Biden Will Veto Bitcoin Legislation

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by schizo, May 8, 2024.

1. I don't think you understand what crypto is if you are comparing it to Zelle lol. Bitcoin is not a digital form of fiat. Bitcoin is it's own decentralized currency. This means that banks, and governments have no direct control over it. If all fiat disappeared tomorrow we would still have Bitcoin to purchase goods with.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    #31     May 9, 2024
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Is that true between countries. Not sure now but a few years ago it was almost imposible to get US and Canadian banks to do anything immediately. 10 day clearing process and usually a charge involved.

#32     May 9, 2024
  3. It's a moot point anyway as it's completely irrelevant to Bitcoin and crypto.

#33     May 9, 2024
  4. deaddog

deaddog

It's actually the only thing that I found useful about Bitcoin.
    I could travel across borders and have access to what ever currency without restriction.
    Moving money, even from Canada to the US is a hassle.
    Supposedly with Bitcoin I could send money to other countries without the hassle of going thru the banks or having it reported to whatever agency is now required.

#34     May 9, 2024
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. No lol... I mean it's a moot point talking about transferring Fiat...

Crypto, yeah that's like one of the greatest selling points is there's no borders.

If you want to move money, I mean if you want to save on the exchange, you should do the norbit gambit where you buy DLR in Canadian and and then journal it over to the us DLR through your broker...then sell.

#35     May 9, 2024
  6. deaddog

deaddog

That's exchanging money.
    I'm talking about moving cash (US$) from a Canadian bank to a US bank.
    I have a US$ account at a Canadian bank (BMO) but US banks will not accept a cheque drawn on a Canadian bank without a fee.

#36     May 9, 2024
  7. NoahA

NoahA

Exchanges have been fighting to be made aware of the rules. But Gensler doesn't give any, but sues them after the fact.

#37     May 9, 2024
    murray t turtle and johnarb like this.
  8. I know I was just saying comparing Bitcoin to how some website can transfer fiat money for free is completely apples and oranges that the op apparently doesn't understand.

#38     May 9, 2024
  9. %%
    Also stunning, is crypto-cr*p electricity use ;
    it maybe a '' big threat '' to lotto\LOL a stupid tax on people that cant do math LOL.
    Partial disclosure, i did ask a lotto =player once, ''ever win anything??''
    Strange pattern , that honest gambler told the truth\ ''NO but i came close LOL:D:D''

#39     May 9, 2024
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

What by the way nobody does. Here is a thought exercise for you:

I bought a Lambo with BTC when BTC was around 12K. Today BTC is over 60K, so did I just overpay for my Lambo by 400%???

(I will spell it out for you: The above example shows why an appreciating asset is not good as a currency) Now off you go to my Ignore.

#40     May 9, 2024