White House: 2 million jobs will be created in 2012

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Feb 17, 2012.

1. 2 million? 8.4%? 330 million people?

Can't anyone in this country do math

#11     Feb 20, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Feb 20, 2012
  3. the1

the1

Bingo! If the job market was as robust as the White House is stating Bubble Ben would be able to raise rates to a level consistent with a healthy economy and job market. Rates are at 0 for a reason and the White House is releasing reports like this..... for a reason -- election year!

#13     Feb 20, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's his Modus operandi.

#14     Feb 21, 2012
  5. AK100

AK100

That one gave me a good laugh.

#15     Feb 21, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

I think the White House is correct. It is not uncertainty about government regulation that is holding back growth; it is uncertainty about how fast the economy will recover. Why should or would you expand your business or start a new one if you doubt whether the customers will be there.

#16     Feb 21, 2012
  7. zdreg

zdreg

from your past posts you have shown yourself to be a lefty. leaving that aside for a moment i will show why it is not a good idea to hire an american employee from a regulatory pt. of view.

hire a black person. fire him you might have a racial discrimination suit.
    hire a woman. fire her you might have a gender discrimination suit.
    hire a disabled person fire him have a lawsuit under american disability
    act.
    hire a person over 50. fire him. you will, possibly, have an age discrimination suit.

in addition there are the government agencies inc. osha to make life miserable.

I haven't read it yet but current issue of economist deals with america being over regulated.

my advice to someone starting a business is keep the number of employees at the barest minimum and outsource whatever you can. don't hire people from a protected class because even if you are exempt for being small you could be subject to frivolous lawsuits and the gov't showing up at your door, even if they can't do nothing to you.

#17     Feb 21, 2012
  8. "lefty"

LOL

#18     Feb 21, 2012
  9. rew

rew

2 million jobs will be created. 1.1 million will go to legal immigrants. 0.9 million will go to illegal immigrants.

Oh joy.

#19     Feb 21, 2012
  10. As I recall, I went through the BLS report in detail with you. So you tell me: what did I dodge when I was dealing with you, or is lying like a rug your modus operandi?
    Just for your information, I don't need to answer every single question put to me by a chronic loser in detail, as I did with you, especially if I'm not interested in the answer.

#20     Feb 21, 2012