whip saw action is severe-very tough

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Warrior4g, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Here we go. Official nomination for this week's dumbest statement on ET.

#21     Dec 13, 2007
  2. JimyJam

JimyJam

Now, now mak (imagine me playing peacekeeper, LOL) PTF's got some real skills in this game, if you'd read any of his other posts you would see why he said that ... and while it might come off as a rather strong statement, there's a lot of truth to it, the thing is, it usually takes years to figure it out.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#22     Dec 13, 2007
  3. Here is the most obvious statement of the week.

"if your trade is in the black then you must be on the trend"

regards
    f9

#23     Dec 13, 2007
  4. Not the "whipsaw" that causes problems, but rather the "range" of the backups(long and/or short). I don't know what you trade or how you trade, but your comments beg for a reminder. You have 4 choices if the range is an outlier for your techniques...
    1) reduce size
    2) wait for more favorable setups
    3) take the trade, full size, with the understanding that you are playing with above average risk.
    4) go to the mall and buy someone a gift!

Good trading to all
    Osorico :)

#24     Dec 13, 2007
  5. Dont you think it would make better sense to start a thread ASKING how people thought the day was going rather than use the tiny sample size of your office as all the data needed to make a blanket statement?

#25     Dec 13, 2007
  6. Nope

Nope

Daxscalper,

I don't mean to pry but what is your approx commision for all that trading? I see you are with OpenECry?

Thanks, and again I don't mean to pry so if you don't reply I understand...
    :)

#26     Dec 13, 2007
  7. cocaine,i find it hard to believe that you are actually insulted or annoyed by my statement. it was a friggin thread. does every thread have to be so scrutinized? i'm not posting anything outlandish.

#27     Dec 13, 2007
  8. Good post.

#28     Dec 13, 2007
  9. Constructive criticsm on my last post to you, I'm not annoyed.

#29     Dec 13, 2007
  10. alright cocaine. as long as we are all on good terms here. construvtive diologue is fine.

#30     Dec 13, 2007