whip saw action is severe-very tough

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Warrior4g, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Nope

Nope

Wow what is your commsion bill like with all that?

:p

#11     Dec 13, 2007
  2. Care to explain the chart daxscalper.

Call me old fashioned but nothing obvious leaps out and attacks me when I look at it.
    In fact it resembles the Christmas tree that we were dressing last night.

regards
    f9

#12     Dec 13, 2007
  3. Are you looking for a shoulder to cry on? Or perhaps confirmation that all others are at the same skill level you are?

Remember, one mans trash is another mans treasure. If you cant trade choppy mkts, then you are in the wrong business because choppy mkts exist somewhere in the 85% range, trending mkts the other 15% historically.

#13     Dec 13, 2007
  4. So are we to conclude that all of enforcer99's detractors in this thread are making money hand over fist today?

#14     Dec 13, 2007
  5. P/L for the day.

There is an excellent post in the Career forum that perfectly descibes what scalping is. Give it a read.

#15     Dec 13, 2007
  6. Its one thing to have a tough day, its another to start a thread saying its "almost impossible" to make money today. Everyone has different approaches, not everyone needs strong trends.

Up slightly under $750 so not killing it but certainly it has not been impossible to make $$$.

#16     Dec 13, 2007
  7. JimyJam

JimyJam

LOL, very apropo. :D

Plenty of opportunites to make money today, even if you aren't a Scalp Master like daxscalper.

This is some of the sweetest stuff I've ever seen. For making money these markets are the creation of genius.

Jimmy Jam

#17     Dec 13, 2007
  8. Just maybe you do not know what you are doing!

#18     Dec 13, 2007
  9. JimyJam

JimyJam

This is the link daxscalper is referring to:

What is Scalping?

The fact of the matter is, once you've mastered a method of consistently making money and learn how to model position sizing so that you can scale-up your trades in size with a descending relationship to the risk inherent in each trade, scalping is pretty much the holy grail of trading.

Every day it's just a matter of reaching your set limit (mine is certainly far, far lower than dax's achievements), and then come back the next day for some more action.

The key that we're talking about here, enforecer99 is that this method of making money is not dependent on range, or trend, or even market (so long as they print an OHLC, they are essentially all the same, the only difference is in scalability of contract size).

Do some work, it will payoff.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#19     Dec 13, 2007
  10. GUYS---THATS why is said it was "almost impossible to make money today". most guys are having a tough time but a few guys are doing very well.
    did'nt mean to paint the board with such a broad brush. talking to other traders and they all said they were having a hard time. i realize there are a bunch of you that are doing well. its just the whip saw action;its a killer!

#20     Dec 13, 2007