Which website allows you to download historical stock data, other than Yahoo Finance?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Daal, Oct 24, 2018.

1. d08

d08

For most people, they only want data on listed stocks, don't care at all about the OTC stuff.

#11     Oct 24, 2018
  2. qlai

qlai

3. alistera

alistera

AlphaVantage and IEX

#13     Nov 1, 2018
  4. d08

d08

What's the premium pricing for AlphaVantage? Currently they seem to offer 5 API queries per minute for free. That's a joke I assume, same as offering someone a bicycle with one pedal.

#14     Nov 1, 2018
  5. alistera

alistera

Because of course everything in life should be free and that they only provide 5 calls per minute is just inconsiderate of them. A two minute search finds https://www.alphavantage.co/premium/ but you know, why do it yourself when others will do it for you.

#15     Nov 1, 2018
  6. d08

d08

So I was asking for the premium pricing and you give me a website that gives no useful information. I'm not going to e-mail them for pricing, it's 2018.

They advertise their stuff as 'free' and to democratize data (another fluff word). So yes, I was thinking they offer an usable service. That's clearly misleading to anyone seriously interested.

#16     Nov 1, 2018
  7. The following are free:
    Quandl
    Alpha Vantage

Both are excellent. I access both using Python but there are other options.

You can still use Yahoo easily enough if you are adept in Python using the following library:
    import fix_yahoo_finance as yf

#17     Dec 11, 2018
  8. ph1l

ph1l

alphavantage_premium_pricing.jpg

#18     Dec 11, 2018
  9. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

It depends if you want data for the entire market or select venues like IEX, AlphaVantage, etc.

#19     Dec 18, 2018
  10. d08

d08

#20     Dec 18, 2018