which way to turn...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Van_der_Voort_4, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hi Trades

Does any of you know a prop trading firm run by single boss that is doing business for no more than 1-4 years?Opened this year would also be fine.
    I live in Europe,currently in Budapest,would prefer staying here,work from home.I know of few firms that are owned by more than one guy.I would prefer to talk to one guy so we can team up.I do have the robust strategy,very unusual one in sense that i never read about it in any book.I am bouncing between doing it alone,getting a programmer and fully coding it or going to big firms.I am very risk averse person,hesitating,worried of being taken advantage off and left.
    What would you do?

2. java

java

What is the minimum you need to trade your strategy? Not the min to trade and make a living, just the minimum to trade it successfully at a profit?

3. qxr1011

qxr1011

i would do it alone

but if u think u are very risk averse person - then just forget about it...

also, it sounds that u never traded your strategy in real life, then i would assume that 99% chances its a potential flop

4. Do the strategy on your own...raise the 100k and trade slowly unless this is some massive wonky arb strategy that needs tons of cash and margin? I've seen hundreds of these "I found the holy grail" epiphanies over the years but I see you're a reader here since 2003...surely you know what you're doing? Why code the strategy right away...trade it live yourself and make it happen with real numbers and performance right?

5. ironchef

ironchef

How can someone who is risk averse be a trader?

dealmaker likes this.
  6. depends on the instrument 3 mil $ would be sufficient

7. that is correct i never traded it live,there is a major reason for that,it is very good strategy,nice headache to have,but makes me paranoid.Strategy is not complicated,concept behind it is unique,it can be copied from past trades.I tested it by hand on software,run forex pairs.I am lone wolf type of guy,spend years before it "clicked".

8. Hi,years here mean nothing,2003 or 2016 same thing.I became a member so i could scan posts,you had to be log in for that.And quality of material and ideas was awesome up to around 2006.I think i am from same generation as those guys who were trying to collaborate at the "open",Now you have quants and everything is tight lipped.
    No,it's not arbitrage.
    Thank you for your reply,i do not post here much,but i give back to society in other areas of life.All replies much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  9. yes it is hard,but like in everything there is a flip side to it.Trader can be a gambler,risk averse person has problem with gambling.

10. Check MES Capital, you'll be funded 1.5k to start your journey.

GL

#10     Dec 20, 2016