Which way? Metals

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by themickey, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I currently have MAG and SVM; sold EDR on the big move yesterday. Did really well with FVI ( FSM ) earlier this year but it's struggled recently in a range.

#11     Dec 18, 2020
    ballsofgold likes this.
  2. themickey

themickey

EDR silver???

#12     Dec 18, 2020
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    #13     Dec 19, 2020
    ballsofgold and themickey like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

#14     Dec 19, 2020
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This one's been an adventure I think it will go over $6 but the downside seemed extreme, so I switched to MAG for now.

#15     Dec 19, 2020
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Damn EDR way up today. Sold one gold stock this morning bought FR and FVI the silver rally looks for real. Don't want to chase EDR over $6 ( yet ). SIL looking strong as well highly leveraged to Silver itself I think. So holding FVI, FR, MAG, SVM with a little less Gold miners for now.

#16     Dec 21, 2020
  7. themickey

themickey

Ya, I took another position on a silver stock (SVL.AX) on open this morning @ $0.24.
    For some reasons over the past while I was not that impressed with this Co but recently I created (yet another) algo and in terms of precious metals stocks this one ranked reasonably high.
    Kind of feels a little late but prolly in this instance more upside yet because I think silver has a big move coming.
    download.png

#17     Dec 21, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Silver stocks sell off ( way overdone but it is what it is ).Sold my FVI at $9.96 yesterday. Should have sold MAG on the open but didn't; still like MAG moving forward.

#18     Dec 22, 2020
  9. themickey

themickey

About to pop, same with gold, into a strong uptrend from Boxing day my call.
    download.png
    $26.00 resistance on silver.
    download-1.png
    $1900 resistance on gold.

#19     Dec 23, 2020
  10. themickey

themickey

China’s imports of Australian copper concentrate plunge as tensions take hold
    PUBLISHED FRI, DEC 25 202011:32 PM EST UPDATED SAT, DEC 26 202012:06 AM EST
    [​IMG]

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/26/chi...r-concentrate-plunge-amid-trade-tensions.html
    KEY POINTS
    • China’s imports of copper concentrate from Australia plunged for a second month in November to the lowest since at least 2016, customs data showed on Saturday.
    • Copper concentrate, used by smelters to make refined copper, is one of several Australian commodities facing import restrictions in China amid tense relations between the two countries.
    • Australian media reports in early November said the Chinese government had instructed companies not to purchase copper ore and concentrate — as well as at least six other commodities, ranging from coal to lobster — from Australia from Nov. 6.
    [​IMG]
    Conveyor belts transport copper ore at the processing plant of Rio Tinto Group’s Northparkes copper and gold underground block cave mine in Parkes, New South Wales, Australia.
    Carla Gottgens | Bloomberg | Getty Images

China’s imports of copper concentrate from Australia plunged for a second month in November to the lowest since at least 2016, customs data showed on Saturday, as a bilateral trade dispute slams China’s demand for Australian supply of the commodity.

Arrivals of copper concentrate, or partially processed copper ore, from Australia into China, the world’s biggest copper consumer, were 26,717 tons last month, according to data released by the General Administration of Customs.

That was down 34% from October and down 77.8% from a year earlier, marking the lowest monthly total in records going back to January 2017.

Australian media reports in early November said the Chinese government had instructed companies not to purchase copper ore and concentrate — as well as at least six other commodities, ranging from coal to lobster — from Australia from Nov. 6 because of souring relations between the two countries.

The November customs data was scheduled for release on Friday but the agency’s website was down then.

Copper concentrate, used by smelters to make refined copper, is one of several Australian commodities facing import restrictions in China amid tense relations between the two countries.

Ties soured in 2018 when Australia became the first country to publicly ban China’s Huawei Technologies Co from its 5G network, and worsened this year when Australia called for an inquiry into the origins of COVID-19.

Shipments of Australian copper concentrate had fallen more than 50% in October from the previous month, although this was before the reported restrictions were to take effect.

Last month, China’s copper concentrate imports from all countries were 1.83 million tons, up 8.3% from October but down 15% on year.

Australia accounted for 4.8% of China’s total copper concentrate imports in 2019, making it the fifth-biggest supplier, following Chile, Peru, Mongolia and Mexico.

#20     Dec 28, 2020